I received my new iPhone 11 about three weeks ago from id, I had to request multiple times for the phone to be delivered and when it was it came drenched and the packaging seemed as if the phone had be carelessly handled. I chose to ignore until now when trying to work the phone every message sent out regardless of what networks recipients are on claims to be messege sent failure, however the text messages are actually sending themselves multiple times every day, how do I fix this?
Best answer by Kevin
We’re very sorry to hear of the struggles faced with the delivery there, that’s something neither ourselves or DPD would ever be proud of for sure.
Thankfully the issue you’ve mentioned doesn’t sound like one due to a faulty device.
Did you port a number over to us from a previous network?
Do you happen to know if within Settings > Profile (at the top) the correct mobile number is listed there (it should be your old number you moved over to us, if you ported one over).
You may possibly need to log out of iCloud or Apple ID in order to make the change if it’s incorrect.
The following may help you change that number too:
Turn off the phone > Take out your SIM
Turn the phone back on (no SIM) > Leave on for a few minutes or so.
Turn off the phone > Pop the iD Mobile SIM back in the phone
Turn back on.
Please can you try to follow these steps to see if it helps with your non-iPhone SMS messages?
1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”.
If you’ve tried all the above and you’re still having issues, let us know and we’ll send a private message on here to assist you further if need be.