Solved

A seemingly unnecessary barrier to ordering

• 28 August 2018
  • 4 replies

Dear id-Team,
I wanted to place my order on a monthly plan, just now and the web formula obliged me to enter a valid UK phone number. This prevents me from being able to order, because I don´t have one yet, since I´m new to the country. What is up with that and can I somehow go past that? It won´t work with my German phone number.

Have a good day,
maxleo98
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 30 August 2018, 16:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @maxleo98,

The UK mobile/contact number is just required in order for us to communicate to you information about your order. It's not a compulsory requirement.
You should be able to enter 07777777777 or a friend/family members number to get past this. Just remember, this will mean you won't receive any contact via phone for updates about your order which may mean you miss out on crucial information.

You would however, require 3 years of UK address history which is required for the Credit Check.
This is compulsory and there's no way around this. Without this information, you would not be able to proceed with the order (for any pay-monthly SIM/handset contract).

You can also take a look at pay-as-you-go options here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/plans/pay-as-you-go/sim-only

These won't require a credit check.

Mohammed
I'm also having an issue with this. Even though I entered a PAYG plan in my shopping cart, it's still saying I need proof of living address for 3 years. Is there any way around this? Like maxleo98, I also just moved here and need a new phone number, and this plan looks really great.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi candboese.
3 years of UK address history is required for a credit check so this can't be avoided or worked around.
We can provide PAYG SIM's if you are unable to proceed with the credit check.

Phil
Yes, I see that. But even though I'm trying to get a PAYG plan, it's still requiring me to ender 3 years of address in the UK.

Why iD Mobile?