Question

Galaxy S4 mini sim network unlock issue

• 8 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Ok so i’ve found an old S4 Mini that was on the Vodaphone network 7 years or so back, Vodaphone was meant to collect it and never did, i found it almost by accident and decided to give it my dad he’s never had a phone but at 80+ i’m getting worried about him keeping in contact.

I purchased a 1 month rolling contract £3.99 for him and i was sent a sim card and some limited paperwork, bought a new battery put the sim in and it asks me for a sim network unlock pin, I cant find that on the paperwork its an 8 digit code apparently I don’t recall it being sent to my phone...i have checked, i guess the question is, is this Sim network unlock pin part of the ID set up or part of Vodaphone’s if the latter then i guess it will just need to be unlocked at a repair shop.

ID’s phone lines are all off for the moment so this is my only contact, any help would be great atm

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Clem64,

If it’s asking for a PUK Code, due to the SIM PIN incorrectly entered in the past, we can provide a PUK code.

I’m not sure however if our PUK code will work or if Vodafone’s PUK code may need to be provided.

If it’s because the phone is locked to Vodafone’s network (usually a network unlock code NUC) then you can try this: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/unlocking-your-phone

Or as you’ve suggested, a local phone shop who may be able to sort this.

Let us know if it’s a PUK code you’re after.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?