Question

ID sim not working in my handset

• 28 November 2018
  • 9 replies

Hi

I took new ID sim with monthly plan but it's not working on my phone.
I am able to receive calls but unable to make calls. As soon as I dial any number it says call ended, even on your helpline number 7777.

I keep getting message from 2549 The terminal cannot be configured remotely, please contact Customer support for further assistance.

My other operator sim works perfectly with the same device without any issues but ID Sim does not.

Are there any specific settings required to be set for ID SIM in order to get it working?

Surprisingly, I tried putting the SIM in my old phone and it works properly in it.

Just to add both the new & old devices are Android based. The new one is 4G VoLTE capable whereas the old one only supports 3G

Could you please help and share some inputs to resolve the issue.

Thanks

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
That's an odd one @abhix28,

I noticed someone else also just post on the community with this error for his Nexus 4.

I'd love to know what phone you're using this in?

Even more so that the services work fine in a different phone, but it'd point to me it's a phone issue here.

Can you confirm which device?

Out of the box, popping the SIM in should allow it to connect to a network and get the settings to work so I'm a little lost as to why this isn't working.

Mohammed

I also have this on a google pixel XL 2 (android 10).

I can make calls and the internet works, however I’m concerned that inbound calls may or may not work from some networks (as other people above have seen).

Is there something we can do to check (diagnostics or something, perhaps something at your end?) Asking friends until we get someone on every network doesn’t seem right.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @abridgett,

Have you seen instances where calls from select networks do not come through to your phone?

Ryan

I’ve not - but that’s really my question - is there any way to tell - as a customer having to go and ask my friends and figure out if there’s a problem is far from ideal!  I think it must have been a different thread where someone mentioned that they didn’t get calls from one particular operator (and they had this 2549 error).  My number has just been ported today and I’m _not_ getting the 2549 on each reboot which one person mentioned.

Partly I’m just putting another datapoint here - i.e. it’s not just old phones but really rather recent ones that also see this.

I have the same problem. Took out an upgrade with idmobile got new SIM and new Google pixel 3a. SIM is activated but on power up I get the same txt from 2549 as described above. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’ve not - but that’s really my question - is there any way to tell - as a customer having to go and ask my friends and figure out if there’s a problem is far from ideal!  I think it must have been a different thread where someone mentioned that they didn’t get calls from one particular operator (and they had this 2549 error).  My number has just been ported today and I’m _not_ getting the 2549 on each reboot which one person mentioned.

Partly I’m just putting another datapoint here - i.e. it’s not just old phones but really rather recent ones that also see this.

Hello @abridgett  if you had a port in progress whilst receiving this error, this is normal as your number can face issues as it’s in the process of being transferred across. There’s no way to pre-emtpively tell if you’re missing calls due to a routing issue. 

I have the same problem. Took out an upgrade with idmobile got new SIM and new Google pixel 3a. SIM is activated but on power up I get the same txt from 2549 as described above. 

Hey @Stdomingo,

New SIMs sent from upgrades need to be manually activated. You mentioned it’s activated but did you manually do this? As it’s not something that’s automatically done.

Have you tried this SIM in a different handset also?

Mohammed

I had the error when I put the SIM in (before I had submitted any porting details).  At least vodafone does get to me, so I think it’s all okay (not _seen_ anything break).  Thanks.

Hi Mohammed. Yes I activated it via the app and received the text confirmation that it is activated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I had the error when I put the SIM in (before I had submitted any porting details).  At least vodafone does get to me, so I think it’s all okay (not _seen_ anything break).  Thanks.

Glad to hear it’s all okay, but let us know if it resumes again.

Hi Mohammed. Yes I activated it via the app and received the text confirmation that it is activated.

Hey @Stdomingo,

Have you tried the SIM in a different handset?

Why iD Mobile?