Question

Porting number from another provider

• 10 July 2018
  • 5 replies

I ported my old number over from Virgin and had a text message confirming this had occurred. I can make calls and send texts, but can't receive either. When I call the number it says its not active on the network. I'm guessing it takes time for it to complete has anyone else encountered this?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Andym,

Ports can take up to 48-hours to complete.

Have you tried restarting your handset to see if this helps?

To confirm, when you call your ported number you're getting the message not active on the network?

What happens if you call the iD temporary number?

When you ring out, what number shows to the person receiving the call?

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
I'm having the exact same problem. Changed providers from Virgin to iD mobile around 2 weeks ago now, had the PAC code from Virgin and received the text from iD to say my number was ported over.

I still can't receive any calls or texts, although I can ring out. iD mobile customer service suggested restarting the phone in various ways (with the SIM card in the phone, and out of the phone) nothing has worked.

Twice, customer service has told me that their Tech department will call me back. On my phone. Which can't receive incoming calls. One time they asked for an alternate contact number in case they couldn't get through on mine, and then didn't call me back anyway...

When calling my number it says not active, when I call the original temporary iD mobile number that came with the SIM it doesn't recognise the number, when I ring out it shows with the correct (ported) mobile number.
@Andym @LeaH I've had the same issue, I can make calls / texts from my ported number and it is showing up my original number but can't receive anything.

I moved from Virgin Mobile to Plusnet mobile two weeks ago, tried everything and assumed it was an issue with Plusnet mobile so left and moved the number again to iD mobile and still having the same problem, therefore obviously an issue with the way the number has been ported.

I've looked into this online and on other networks forums and looks likeit is something called "split porting" and needs to be resolved by the networks technical departments.

Can someone from ID mobile could have a look at this ASAP as it is preventing me from accessing my online banking and WhatsApp messages.
Userlevel 1
@JTomlinson91

Did you manage to resolve this issue? I've recently ported from o2 and can't receive calls or texts, although i can send.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hey @Eck0312,

I have replied to your other post here in regards to your issue.

Thanks,
Ryan

Why iD Mobile?