Question

Porting old number issues

• 2 September 2020
  • 5 replies

I have just moved from Vodafone and had a text from ID mobile to say my old number had been ported successfully however when I call or message people from my new I phone it is coming up as the new number ID mobile sent me and not my old ported number. In addition the new number is also showing as listed for my new I phone 11 in my apple account and my old number is showing as listed under my old I phone 8. When anyone calls or texts me it comes through on both my old and new phone and old and new number! Also I am unable to send SMS text messages. I have tried adding my old number in the settings tab under profile which it has let me do but it’s also showing the new number there and I can’t delete it. I have also tried switching the phone on and off. Can anyone help? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @M Wicks,

Try this:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Might just need the number updating after port.

If it still doesn’t work, it may be a partial port in which case we’ll need to look into this further.

Let us know here.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi

i have this issue too

I can’t manually change my number and save it 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Melisa_uk.

What handset are you using, and how long has this been the case for you?

Have you tried removing the SIM and powering down the handset for 10 minutes?

Will

Userlevel 1

Using an iPhone 13. The problem has seem to resolve itself now

thank you 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Oh Super!

Thanks for letting us know @Melisa_uk, may have juts been an aspect of the porting process dragging its feet a little.

Take care.

Will

Why iD Mobile?