Question

transfer my number not working

Hi, maybe anyone can help... I am having esues with porting my old number over. Pac code from vodafone been used to switch to ID 6 days ago. Now vodafone sim with my old number stopped working but old number still did not transfer. Thank you if anyone can help would be appreciative.

18 replies

Userlevel 1

Thanks Natalie, I’ll give it a go

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Natalie Rovnova,

Sorry to hear you’re having issues here.

Can you clarify for me what happens when you dial out of the iD SIM?

What about if you call the ported number?

If you text someone which number shows?

Lastly, what happens if you call the temporary number (one provided on the connection of the SIM)?

Mohammed

I tryed taking sim out and restarting the phone it did not help.

I am useing Samsung galaxy A71 and new ID sim works fine receiving and sending calls and msgs both ways but old number which i want to get back is showing no network and its not sending msgs and calls does not go through both ways.

Thank you for your advices.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Natalie.

You are using the iD Mobile SIM in your Samsung A71, yes?  Once the number moves over, the Vodafone SIM should no longer work and everything should then be working as normal on the iD Mobile SIM.

If some specific features aren’t working then we may need you to get in touch and potentially raise a ticket with our Tech Team to look into the number port.

Yes i am using ID sim in my samsung A71. Vodafone SIM is no longer working. ID sim is working perfectly fine but with its original number not with my old number which i tryed to tranfer over.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Natalie Rovnova,

Hmmm ok. If you make sure all phones you have are turned off and then turn back on the iD Mobile phone with the iD Mobile SIM card inside only, does this help resolve the issue?

Ryan

Hello, 

Could please assist me. I have ported my old EE number over to iD. I am able to make calls and receive SMS, however when receiving calls, my number appears as switched off.

Thanks

No it did not help to resolve the issue. 

Thank you for advice.

Userlevel 1

I’m having a similar problem. I put in the PAC code last Thursday but nothing has happened at all. My old number is still working. I can’t contact anyone as the chat is closed. What can I do?!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Natalie Rovnova,

Thank you for trying that for me. Please send an email  with details on your issue and we’ll be back in touch as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Ryan

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Shana89,

Can you confirm if you can use data?

What number shows when you call & text from the SIM?

Have you tried restarting and re-inserting the SIM?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Sonia_deni @Natalie Rovnova 

Hope to have your issue resoled soon.

Thank you 

Pearl

Contact ID team through e mail  they helped me to sort this esue out, but be patient as they take time to get back.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Natalie Rovnova 

Did you try to rebooting your phone or re-inserting the Sim Card to see if that fix your issue?

Are you using Apple by any chance? Is it messages only that show temporary number or calls as well? 

I would also suppose that number ports might take slightly longer during this unprecedented times but that's just me thinking aloud. 

Lets see if my tips worked for you then we take it from there. Let me know when you try these and we will think of something else to help you.

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Thank you for help i  sent an email.

My issue have been resolved. Thank you ID team for your respond and help...

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Natalie Rovnova 

That’s awesome and very happy to hear your issue is resolved.

Thanks, 

Pearl

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Sonia_deni 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Why iD Mobile?