Question

Using new SIM in different phones

• 9 October 2018
  • 1 reply

I've recently given notice to end my existing contract (with Vodafone) and my plan is to go onto a SIM only contract with iD.

My contract with vodafone ends (and my PAC will expire) at the beginning of November and I'm concerned that my new mobile won't be delivered in time for me to use the iD sim in it and transfer my number over before my existing contract is cut off (my current phone is virtually unusable and locked to vodafone and my new phone is a Xiaomi to be delivered from China/or hopefully an EU distribution centre within ~30 days). I don't want to risk my current number getting disconnected or going any time without this number available in case of important calls.

My question is: Can I buy a cheap sim free mobile (eg. £12.95 from Argos) and use the iD sim in it and transfer my number to the sim, and then when my Xiaomi arrives move the sim into the Xiaomi?

Thanks very much for your help.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
G'day @thoughtlion and welcome to the ID Community.

Have you already purchased a SIM from us? If so, you should have that within 3-5 days we'd expect.

If you have already had an email which states your ID Mobile Number on it, you should be able to register your account on our website too (click the register tab: here). You would simply need to confirm your details along with what would be your temporary ID Mobile number.

Once you're registered and logged in, you could then submit your PAC. That will then move your old number over to us to become your existing ID Mobile number.

Separately. If you do provide the PAC to us by the early November expiry date, then the number would simply remain active with your old network (so you wouldn't lose that number by default).

Kevin

Why iD Mobile?