Solved

wrong email address set-up on my account

• 12 July 2020
  • 3 replies

I have just set up an account but used the wrong email address by accident. I have set up my payment details and have a order number, is there anyway I can change the email address now?

icon

Best answer by Ryan 15 July 2020, 15:19

Hi @Chloe17,

I’m sorry to hear that! If you have entered the wrong email address as the username then this cannot be changed but not to worry, that is only used as a log-in username. As long as the contact email address within your account is correct then all correspondence will go to the correct email address. Is this what has happened?

Ryan

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Chloe17,

I’m sorry to hear that! If you have entered the wrong email address as the username then this cannot be changed but not to worry, that is only used as a log-in username. As long as the contact email address within your account is correct then all correspondence will go to the correct email address. Is this what has happened?

Ryan

I am what happens when someone enters the wrong email address for correspondence. I do NOT have an account with this annoying company but I keep getting no-reply emails-- We’re talking many years here. They’re usually chasing a person with a similar name to mine for payment. Of course I’ve tried blocking. It is really difficult to find the slot in iD’s (stupid name) automated systems to complain about this so they will stop emailing me. It bothers me that the person with the actual account has never fixed this. This is the latest spot I’ve been bounced when I try to fix it.  I wish iD had enough customer care that they actually wanted to talk to their customers-- and NOT ME!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @r_arran_b,

Sorry to hear that.

I’ll send you a PM to get that email removed for you.

Mohammed