Solved

Xmas sim activation query!

• 3 November 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi all, I’ve bought my son his first mobile phone which we plan to give him on Xmas day, he doesn't know he’s getting one yet & was wondering what my best plan of attack was in regard registering his sim on the quiet. Obviously I’d like to register it as close to the big day as possible so he gets as much use from the monthly allowance as he can, also as I get paid on the 25th of each month so it would be easier for me too.

Thanks, Barry.

icon

Best answer by Gregor 3 November 2019, 17:10

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Barry_S 

If I would be you I would insert Sim card into the phone when your son is in school, quickly set it up and register for iD Mobile all using email created by you and password made by you. Why is that? It's because iD Mobile app allows not only controlling monthly usage but also change plans to more expensive ones as well as adding extra data, minutes and text for extra fee. If you let him register and gain control over these features, you may find a bill higher than expected. Just to keep all of you safe, you can control his plan from your phone. After all it's done, put it back in the box and wrap it up. When he will get his phone in his hands it will be already all good to go and play around with no hassle to set it up. 

Kind Regards :)

Sounds good Hikari, thanks for the advice.

Why iD Mobile?