Skip to main content
Solved

awful coverage and awful service

Does anyone else find this network absolutely hopeless and getting in touch with them is impossible.

Can anyone give me a way to talk to a human please 

Unfortunately @Lucas Fisher, iD Mobile don’t have a telephone support helpline. 

You can chat online with a customer adviser, using the iD Live Chat service. 

Tell the 24/7 iD chatbot you want to “talk to a person” - advisers work until 8pm on weekdays. 

Alternatively, you can contact iD support privately using Facebook Messenger.

Yeah I've spoken to them before and they're not much use at all 

They just keep asking what postcode area I'm in to see why the coverage is so bad 

But they miss the point that it's a "mobile" phone and should work without WiFi 🙄

I wish I'd never bothered with ID they're rubbish, ideally I'd like to get out of my contract because half the time it doesn't work 

Do calls and texts work okay, @Lucas Fisher

Perhaps those areas suffering from network congestion are where Three UK (the iD network partner) are working on their network infrastructure in preparation for 3G shutdown by end of 2024. 

Things might improve after 3G shutdown, when only 4G and 5G NR services will be available on their mobile network.

Perhaps check your network status here, not the network coverage - the latter is just an online theoretical prediction of the likely signal at any given location.

For real-world UK coverage, have a look at https://mastdata.com.

The network is there most of the time, it's horrendously slow 

See the attached picture of my speed checks

The network is there most of the time, it's horrendously slow 

See the attached picture of my speed checks

Okay @Lucas Fisher, I’m just a forum member like yourself. 

Perhaps I’m fortunate, but my experience of using the Three UK network over 10+ years has been good. Only a few incidents of low data rates like those shown in your speed-test results table. 

Perhaps others will see improvements after Three UK 3G shutdown, when only 4G and 5G NR services are operating on the mobile network - only 6-months to go.

Yeah I do know a few people who say it's ok

But generally they stay in one place most of their days. 

I travel constantly all day every day and I've noticed our hardly works if I'm on the move. 

I'll try to get in touch with them again and see what they say, I'm sure they fob me off again though

Thanks though :)

Perhaps the handset aerial configuration is not optimal for the frequencies used by Three UK, or the modem has a low spec or firmware bug. 

Just like the other UK mobile operators, iD terms have many caveats about not always being able to use their services. 

I know it’s not always possible, but maybe try the iD SIM in another device.

🍀

🤷it was a brand new pixel 7 they gave me back in August 

Built-in obsolescence perhaps - then a new Pixel is required every 12-months… 🤔 

I have joined ID July last year and have to say it is the best mobile network I have ever been with (o2, 3 and EE). I leave in a little shithole, where only EE covers 5G, well this is according to every network coverage map. I get average speed of 90mbps in most of places and very good 5G signal on my s24. That screenshot you uploaded reminds me of my last years' experience with o2, never got even close to 20mbps. Try asking them for sim replacement (it didn't work in my case with o2, but you never know) and if that won't work for you just do what I did after 2 months of that nightmare, ask to terminate your contract without termination fee, as they can't provide the service you are paying for. 

That's what I'm going to try for having it terminated 

It's rarely anywhere near predicted speeds 

The pixel phone I'm using is only 10 months old too 

Just to show you that it might be worth give them a chance to resolve your issue.

Screenshots below show my data speed tests done in the same place with the same phone. First one is last years with o2 before I switched to ID, which is shown on the second screen shot that I've done recently. Just a marginal difference. 

Hey there @Lucas Fisher, welcome to Community!

We're very sorry to hear you're having issues with coverage.

Please take a look at our coverage checker, which will show you what your signal strength should be like in your area, for all of 3G/4G/5G, for both indoors and outdoors.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage#coverage-info

Furthermore, please take a look at our network partner Three's network status checker, which will show if there is any maintenance or performance upgrades going on in your area. If the website states that's the case, then it's likely that this is disrupting your coverage, and we hope that this is resolved soon for you.

https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

Please take a look at both of these. If you believe you should be experiencing better signal than you are, or if the networks status checker on Three's website isn't showing any upgrades or maintenance, then please let us know and we’ll look into this further for you.

Thank you,

Tyler