Skip to main content

Hi, I get error 38 when trying to reply to short code 61497 (Barclays). Please can you help me resolve this?

Need to pay a bill and can't confirm to the bank the payment should not be declined.

Thanks

Looking at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/call-charges#divShortcodes, seems iD Mobile don’t support that particular shortcode number, @lozwest22

Many thanks for the link, it doesn't suggest that the number is blocked. Is there a solution that you are aware of?

Many thanks for the link, it doesn't suggest that the number is blocked. Is there a solution that you are aware of?

Okay @lozwest22, maybe try the Barclays app to authenticate the payment instead of sending SMS messages to-and-fro.

Do you SMS texts, to other mobile numbers and shortcodes, work okay?

Unfortunately the Barclaycard credit card app didn't seem to have that functionality that I could see. Immediate problem resolved but had to call them to allow payment.

I'm relatively new to iD so haven't ever replied to a shirt code before, or even sent an SMS. Just sent my wife an SMS and that worked so at least standard numbers work.

Many thanks 

Unfortunately the Barclaycard credit card app didn't seem to have that functionality that I could see. Immediate problem resolved but had to call them to allow payment.

I'm relatively new to iD so haven't ever replied to a shirt code before, or even sent an SMS. Just sent my wife an SMS and that worked so at least standard numbers work.

Many thanks 

FYI, I’m using Barclays and Barclaycard iOS apps, which appear to work exactly the same way for authentication purposes.

Seems you can use Barclays app without having a Barclays bank account.

I'll take another look at it, many thanks for your help

Hi @lozwest22,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking how you got on with this and if it was sorted.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Hi, I never resolved it I'm afraid. I think I have a solution now through the app with Barclaycard, but the short codes for ID - no idea how to fix in future.

@lozwest22,

Are you able to get OTP/shortcodes from other businesses?

If the issue is just with one company it’s likely an issue on their end.

Kash