Skip to main content
Solved

Foreigner having trouble with IDMobile number

• 8 June 2024
  • 1 reply

So I am from the UK, fully British. However I was born and raised in Thailand (Asia) my whole life. I'm over for about a month now to visit my grandparents and wanted to get a temporary tourist phone number going like I did last year. However this time I was handed a sim card from IDMobile for free and told to handle the rest online. The problem I'm having is that whenever I try to purchase a plan or whatnot, I have to submit a UK phone number which I can't do because- I don't have a UK phone number? That was the whole point of me getting a sim card. I hear people talk about an app but I looked on Google Play which just says it's not available in my region seeing as I have an asian phone. (Oppo Find N3).

I would just like some guidance and help regarding getting a new phone number without the app or an hassle online. I want to pay for a sim card and get the data and calls. 

Hey there @UltraViolet, to purchase a contract with ourselves, you’d need to have 3-years of UK residency, and you do also need a UK phone number to purchase the contract.

Secondly, if you aren’t able to provide 3-years UK residency, then the only contracts available from us would be Pay As You Go contracts, as this isn’t a requirement to purchase one of these.

If you don’t have a UK phone number, then you may need to ask if you can use someone else’s for the sake of ordering the contract.

Thank you,

Tyler