Skip to main content

Hi,
This may be a little long winded but I want to make sure I’ve given you all the information for an informed reply.

I wear NHS supplied hearing aids supplied by a company called danalogic.
(https://www.danalogic.co.uk/hearing-devices/danalogic-ambio)

These are great aids and have bluetooth connectivity built in which is a first for NHS aids TBH

They can also be controlled via an app called BeMore (https://play.google.com/store/search?q=bemore&c=apps&hl=en_GB)

So the issue is this:

My old Samsung Galaxy S20FE connected and worked with these aids flawlessly and I was super happy with it.

Last week I upgraded to a Honor Magic V2 and whilst in every way it’s a great phone the big issue is hearing aid audio.

I initially couldn’t get the aids to pair with the phone at all. This used to be achieved through the app but there was no joy doing it that way. Eventually, I paired each aid individually direct from the bluetooth preferences window and the phone then recognised them as a pair and shows them as such.

If I then go back into the app, I can run through the pairing procedure ignoring some of the prompts and get the app to recognise the previously paired aids.

The App worked perfectly. I can adjust the volumes, EQ and pre set functions exactly as I should be able to.

If someone then tries to call me, I get no ringtone in either my aids or on the phone.

Also music and video apps like Amazon music, routine music, netflix etc. Won’t even play the files. they'll try but just revert back to ‘stop’.

Just to add, I knew in advance of getting this phone that it wasn’t on the list of supported phones (essentially Google Pixel, OnePlus,Samsung Galaxy and Motorola Edge) and whilst it’s not a huge deal for me I’d love to sort this out.

My feeling is it's something to do with ASHA compatibility which has to be supported by you or the carrier but honestly I'm guessing.

Does anyone have any ideas

Nigel

Hi @nige101uk 

I’m sorry to hear this, it may be best to contact the device manufacturer, Hearing Aids device manufacturer or even the app provider for support on getting this connected with your device.

Tom