Skip to main content
Solved

ID have been terrible - what do I do?

• 10 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi.  I am at a loss.  Last week from the Carphone Warehouse online, I bought a new sim-free Galaxy S24.  In the same order I bought an ID sim-only monthly contract.  The sim card was delivered but somehow the phone has gone missing.  For this reason, ID will not transfer my EE number to my new ID sim card, even though they have set up the direct debit, etc.  The sim card and the phone are two separate things, not linked.  If my number isn’t transferred by Thursday of this week I will lose my number.  I have spent several hours, three separate times over the last two days talking to ID mobile online help, but they are next to useless, with one disconnecting me after 90 mins.  I have had this number for nearly 20 years and do not want to lose it because of work etc.  Can someone give me advice on what to do?  The last person that I was talking to on ID mobile online chat, told me that I couldn’t speak to a manager.  I read a lot of bad reviews about ID and I am starting to wish that I had paid attention to them.

Please help!!!

Not sure how you’ll lose your number, @ChrisMcC

If iD Mobile won’t accept your PAC from EE, the number you want to keep justs stays with EE. The EE PAC will expire 30-days after being issued.

Have tried contacting iD support using Facebook Messenger

Thanks for the reply.  This is good news about the number, if correct. I cancelled my contract with EE, which ends this week, and I read that if the number isn't picked up by the new provider, then it is gone when the contract ends.  I don't have FB, unfortunately.

To confirm, even once my EE contract has stopped, the number will still be there?  I received the PAC about 14 days ago.

Okay @ChrisMcC, if you’ve cancelled your EE contract, you won’t be able to get a PAC. 

An EE PAC allows you to switch your mobile number to another service provider. 

Speak to EE quickly and ask them to cancel your cancellation request, before your EE account is disconnected from the EE network.

The number you want to keep will be ‘lost’ when disconnected from the EE network. 

Not sure how you got a PAC from EE, if you’ve given EE notice to cancel your EE contract.

Good thinking.  I'll contact EE tomorrow and extend my contract for a month.  I appreciate the help.

Hopefully someone from ID can sort the issue for me.  It's just so time consuming trying to deal with them.

Thanks, again.

Hi @ChrisMcC 

Sorry to hear this, if your order is with Carphone Warehouse I’d recommend speaking directly to them, they should be able to investigate the missing device completely separately to the iD Mobile SIM card.

Tom