Skip to main content
Solved

ID phone number

• 7 July 2024
  • 9 replies

How do I complete the form on which I have entered the PAC number and transaction number but cannot enter an ID mobile phone number as an e-sim doesn’t come with one as far as I can see. Any idea what goes in that box, please?

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

The eSIM will have a number once activated in your handset, @SUSIEQatclover.

Call or text a friend / family member, who should be able to see your number and report back.

Userlevel 1

It still shows as a contact name on the recipient’s phone.

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

You need to call / text the friend or family member from the iD eSIM, @SUSIEQatclover.

Sounds like you’ve called / texted a contact from your old service provider’s SIM.

Userlevel 1

I’ll keep you posted how I get on.  This is a steepp learning curve!!

Userlevel 1

As you can see my keyboard duplicates letters randomly!  I think I will need to contact iD tomorrow and sort it out with them.  I think my problem was being too eager to scan the QR code I was emailed for the e-sim.  Thanks for your suggestions.  Patience is a virtue for this old woman!!

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

As you can see my keyboard duplicates letters randomly!  I think I will need to contact iD tomorrow and sort it out with them.  I think my problem was being too eager to scan the QR code I was emailed for the e-sim.  Thanks for your suggestions.  Patience is a virtue for this old woman!!

If can take an hour or two for your iD eSIM to activate, sometimes up to 24-hours, @SUSIEQatclover.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for that info.  Assumed it would be fairly quick.  I’ll be patient.😂🤞

Userlevel 1

Thought you might be interested in the fact that the missing info I needed to complete the switch form was in the “Welcome” email.  iD should let you know this will happen if you purchase an e-sim. 

Thanks to andewhite for assistance.😁

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey there @SUSIEQatclover, thank you for reaching out!

We’re glad to hear that @andewhite was able to help!

Kind regards,

Tyler