Question

maintaining contact whilst transferring to new sim (and retaining the old original number)

Userlevel 1

so basically I’ve got my wife to transition her phone and old number over to ID Mobile on a Sim only deal. Now she needs her phone constantly working as she gets loads of business calls through all day long. I recommended to her on the day of transition (with her phone number being temporarily unavailable) that we do call forwarding on her phone over to my own mobile number. That way she can just pick calls up from my phone while she is being transitioned over. Does that sound like a sensible possibility…or am I getting into a mess here because presumably I cannot “un-forward “from the old provider…as she will be with ID Mobile.

😵‍💫😵‍💫

thanks in advance

pete

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

so basically I’ve got my wife to transition her phone and old number over to ID Mobile on a Sim only deal. Now she needs her phone constantly working as she gets loads of business calls through all day long. I recommended to her on the day of transition (with her phone number being temporarily unavailable) that we do call forwarding on her phone over to my own mobile number. That way she can just pick calls up from my phone while she is being transitioned over. Does that sound like a sensible possibility…or am I getting into a mess here because presumably I cannot “un-forward “from the old provider…as she will be with ID Mobile.

😵‍💫😵‍💫

thanks in advance

pete

Well this is a grey area, @Pete2000. The iD Mobile terms & conditions says their services are for personal use only. 

Anyway, UK mobile number switching doesn’t happen immediately. You’re likely to have several hours of disruption after the old provider’s SIM stops working, before the number you want to keep works with your iD SIM card. 

Are you sure iD Mobile supports call forwarding - not all UK mobile networks support this service.

Userlevel 1

Hmmm .. 🙏 thank you .. good points

maybe she should let everyone know to just use my number as back up anyway just for a couple of days … just in case

thanks for your prompt responses - much appreciated

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey there @Pete2000, welcome to Community!

Has the port completed now?

As @andewhite has kindly mentioned, we do only sell contracts for personal usage. In terms of the port-in, these complete between 8am-10pm on the selected port-in date, so there may be sometime during the switch on the selected date that you receive no service, to allow for the switch to complete fully and successfully.

Thank you,

Tyler