Solved

Monqi Kids Phone

• 21 April 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi, I have bought my daughter a Monqi smartphone for her birthday with ID nextwork. I haven’t given it to her yet as her birthday is next week. I tried to text her a happy birthday message and initially this wasn’t received on her phone. I also tried registering her phone on ID app but this requires a code to be text to her phone which her phone won’t receive. After a week of trying my birthday message has arrived today but I still can’t get the code. I’m not sure if this is because of no signal (the phone hasn’t left our house but I did do the network coverage check on our postcode before buying) or maybe a parental control preventing unknown number from texting. I’m not very tech savvy can anyone help me please? Thanks
icon

Best answer by Tandra 31 December 2018, 00:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
That does sound a bit worrying.

Just to confirm, there should be signal present in the status bar (the one next to the battery icon on the status bar) and that there has been no 'No Service' notifications.

If there is service and no texts are working, I'd suggest iD to confirm that there is no network outages in your area. It could be a network issue.

If a phone number was transferred over, sometimes the transfer may partially complete without calls/text/data functionality.

You could test if it's a network issue by using the sim card into another phone. If it works in the other phone then the Monqi phone will need troubleshooting.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @SarahScott177,

We're sorry to hear you're having issues with a phone purchased from us.

Have you since been able to resolve this or are you still facing issues?

Coverage issues can delay the texts going through and it's possible there was maintenance at the local mast that could have affected this.

In regards to registering, we can also assist you with this if you're having trouble doing this from our website.

Let us know if you're still facing issues so we can look into this further.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
You will find the code via the monqi app on the parents phone under the "history" section where it shows your child's activity. It won't come through as a text message on your child's phone because (I think) it is an unknown number. I had this issue also and stumbled across it by accident.

Why iD Mobile?