Skip to main content
Solved

New customer - calls not working, data and texts are fine

• 30 August 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I'm normally fairly good with tech stuff, but I'm absolutely stumped with this one.

I have just changed to ID today. My phone number has been ported from Three, I had a text this morning confirming that the switch had taken place.

Since I can't make or receive calls on my phone. SMS is working both ways, and mobile data is fine.

The handset wasn't ever locked to a provider. My phone is a 4G / LTE model, so I don’t think it would be to do with the 3G close down. 

Interestingly, if I call my mobile number from another phone, it rings ten times or so before voicemail kicks in, rather than going straight to voicemail as though the phone is switched off. 

I’m on Android if this has any bearing. 

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks!

Hi @KathyMac 👋🏻

When you say ‘My phone is a 4G / LTE model’ is this feature actually enabled and the options available in the settings?
What phone do you have? (as you may need to ‘Google’ the correct details for your device as they may differ from the below information).
Even though you see 4G in the settings this may not be the correct option to connect to the ‘4G’ network.
You need to see ‘LTE’ or ‘4G Calling’ for example, rather than just 4G, to be able to connect to the VoLTE (4G Voice over LTE) network which is what the providers use once 3G is turned off.
Do you see an option in the settings to switch VoLTE/4G Calling on?

Please see the reply I gave in this post to see if it helps clarify the problem….

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/ask%2Da%2Dquestion%2D18/just%2Dsome%2Dbasic%2Dquestions%2Dabout%2Dnew%2Dsim%2Dcard%2Dvolte%2Dupgrade%2D68606

Good luck x