Skip to main content
Solved

new sim not working? no phone number with Sim

• 12 June 2024
  • 4 replies

My new sim and phone came with no welcome email or phone number. Sim does not work in the phone ….looks like sim has not been activated but can’t activate it as don’t have the phone number for the sim

It could be a faulty or inactive SIM card, @Tom Burn - does it work in a different handset?

Anyway, forum members can’t look at customers accounts. Perhaps try contacting the iD support team using the iD online Live Chat service - an iD adviser should be able to assist.

The iD advisors work between 9am - 8pm on weekdays - the iD chatbot works 24/7.

Chat have advised me I need to contact carphone warehouse, carphone warehouse have said they’ll get back to me in 3-5 days!

Chat have advised me I need to contact carphone warehouse, carphone warehouse have said they’ll get back to me in 3-5 days!

Sounds like your handset was purchased from Carphone Warehouse (CPW), @Tom Burn?  

If it’s eSIM capable, getting a replacement eSIM from iD Mobile might be a quick option, otherwise pick-up a replacement SIM from any Currys store.

Hi @Tom Burn 

Sorry to hear this, do you still require assistance with this?

Please let us know if so so we can get in touch.

We’ll be able to get in contact with you to assist here, or for a quicker service, we’d recommend using the Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter.

Tom