Skip to main content
Solved

Number not transfered!!

• 23 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I have had so many problems with my old number transferring over to my new ID contract. I have had numerous conversations via the live chat system and was reassured that this would be put in place two days ago, but I’m still waiting. I would like an update on what is happening with my old number as this has caused so many issues for me. 

The online Live Chat really is the quickest way to get an update, @Livvbishop

Is your old provider’s SIM card still active?

Has an iD adviser told you why there’s a delay to your switch?

I have been on the live chat numerous times. I am still waiting for an update

my old provider is not active so I thought my number would have transferred over by now. 

ID have not told me why there is a delay

Usually this happens when the old provider hasn’t sent all the switching information required by the gaining service provider (iD Mobile), @Livvbishop

OFCOM rules make iD Mobile 100% responsible for completing the switch on time.

Unfortunately, iD Mobile aren’t members of the UK Mobile Number Portability Operator Steering Group (‘MNP OSG’), which defines the industry procedures operators use for switching. I don’t think the processes and procedures have any penalties for an old service provider failing to provide all the information in a timely manner.

Perhaps your only ‘stick’ is an official complaint to iD, requesting compensation for the delay and distress caused as a result.

Hi @Livvbishop,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about the issues that you experienced.

Have been in touch with the Live Chat Team since to get this resolved?

If you still require assistance, please get back to us and we can help via PM.

Kash