Skip to main content

I have a problem where people can't hear me on voice calls but on WhatsApp etc. I've tried full reboots and read the articles and it seems to be a common problem. Do I need to get a new sim?

I'll try to find an old phone and try the current sim in that one

It's a pixel 8 supplied new by idmobile 6 months ago and had problems from the start really 

Hey there @Stevieuk2003, welcome to Community!

Sorry to hear that. Have you tried resetting your network settings, and also restarting your phone?

If you have a Currys store nearby, you can collect a free SIM card and activate it to your number here and see if this helps:

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/activate-sim-outside

Thanks,

Tyler

It's a pixel 8 supplied new by idmobile 6 months ago and had problems from the start really 

I'm using a pixel 8 pro and been having the same issue recently.

Had mobile internet issues for several months too even with great reception. In my hometown even with 4/4 bars of 4g I usually get speeds worse than 1990's dial up internet, or no service at all and it will have a ! Over the bars symbol and say no connection, even while I have 2-4 bars of 4G. 

Yesterday I was in another town and had 3/4 bars of 5G and full 4G signal, and did several speed tests and best I got was 33 mbps download (which isn't bad for 4G but is slow for 5G) and a shocking 0.87 Mbps upload, and some were 0 upload and the test timed out. 

I've tried my SIM in my old phones which are a galaxy S20+ and iPhone 11, and the speeds problem persists. 

For several months the ID mobile and three websites were displaying issues with the status checker, and I screenshot it for the time as well as speeds, and asked for partial refund but they said no.

Hi @Ollywoly,

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like it may be an issue in the area.

Have you checked the network status checker?

I would advise to contact our Live Chat Team to see if a ticket needs to be raised.

If you would like us to check this out here, please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Hi @Ollywoly,

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like it may be an issue in the area.

Have you checked the network status checker?

I would advise to contact our Live Chat Team to see if a ticket needs to be raised.

If you would like us to check this out here, please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

It's been awful in different cities, over various masts. I put my SIM in other devices and they show the same results in speeds. 

The calls issue where the other person can't hear us or we are garbled, seems to be all people with pixel 8 and 8pro I've noticed, and also within the last several weeks, So it would suggest that it's a buggy update with Google that's effecting pixel 8/8pro users, there's lots of people on pixel groups on Facebook, other forums all talking about calls being funny lately, and I've informed Google device support of my findings and I assume they'll be working on a bug fix. Hope that helps 👍 

The slow speeds, regardless of reception quality I would assume is a bandwidth issue. With ID piggybacking on Three's network, and ID growing exponentially in the last year or two and three claiming to be the fastest 5G in the country (and thereby growing a lot themselves and needing to make good on that claim or else being debunked as false advertising), I would assume three hasn't upgraded their masts enough to meet the influx of demand, I still don't get 5G in my town and O2 has had it for about 2 years, and so the supply cannot meet the rapidly growing demand and so the masts are struggling to serve everyone at top speed.

And simple traffic gobbling up the bandwidth isn't going to report as a fault on the status checker (although my towns three mast was reporting an issue for several months, which I have many screenshots of).

My best advice to ID mobile is to build their own masts and quickly, as three will prioritise themselves and their own customers over ID mobiles if they are getting dragged down by the weight of ID mobile, they won't want to disappoint their own customers who they're liable to, so would choose to slow down all the ID mobile customers in order to free up bandwidth to keep Three customers happy. And if it gets too bad, Three might want rid of ID mobile, so it would be prudent planning to get building your own masts ASAP, and at least then ID mobile will be able to supply top speeds to all their customers AND be the cheapest around, and have brand new masts rather than old ones which get upgraded occasionally.

As these bad speeds have put me off renewing my contract for one, and I will be leaving ID mobile when able to, as I need a reliable connection that doesn't get so slow even with 3 bars of 4G, that it's worse than 1995 internet 😂

Your posts need to be succinct; one above sure isn’t.

Your posts need to be succinct; one above sure isn’t.

Call no hear?, software problem!!!!

Bad speed?, network problem!!!!! 👍

I was replying to the ID mobile representative to inform them of the situation and help them help customers. Also infodumping and elaborating is a common trait of autism, something I am diagnosed with. If you can't cope with it, you're not obligated to read my comment, so keep scrolling 👍 

Hi @Ollywoly 

I believe you’ve already been in contact with our team about this, we’d recommend continuing with them on 0800 049 2402 or 0800 049 1300.

Tom