Solved

proof of usage

• 18 January 2021
  • 5 replies

I lost my phone today and I contacted yourself through the web church asking for a proof of usage and a proof of barring off the device documents however I have been told that they are not able to provide them and that I have to contact you to request these two documents. 

I need these documents for my insurance company which can only validate the claim once they are aware and they have proof that the device has been barred as well as proof that the device was previously being used on the set network.

therefore would you kindly please look into this and try and get these two documents to me as soon as possible.

icon

Best answer by Ryan 20 January 2021, 14:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

I have tried emailing I know I’ve also contacted you on the chat a couple of times but there is no luck so please can you help

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Swadez,

We will send you a PM now to have this sorted.

Ryan

I’m afraid this is getting a little bit late and I have had no reply from yourself as well since yesterday‘s message to you. I have not had any reply to the email that I sent on Monday which has been nearly 4 days back. And the chart operators are unable to assist me. And of course the phone lines are not being managed at the moment by any live people. The insurance company do require proof of usage and proof of Bahrain before they can provide me with any replacement device and I am unable to get anywhere until something is sorted from your end. I was hoping that you would be able to do something and expedite it but it seems as though you yourself are also a little bit busy as well. Please can you look into this matter and let me know what will happen and how long it will take.

Unfortunately it has been many days and I am not getting anywhere with yourself. I did receive a direct message from you a few days ago and I did respond and again there was no reply to that. I have once again been on the chat system which is absolutely baseless and unhelpful. And I am now posting the chat transcript here so that you may be able to read it and any future customers who have a similar problem will also be able to research into it before taking out any contracts with ID mobile or carphone warehouse.

The following is a record of your online chat.

General Info
Chat start time  Fri, 22 Jan 2021 14:42:15 GMT
Chat end time  Fri, 22 Jan 2021 15:43:31 GMT
Duration (actual chatting time)  01:01:16
Operator  Sibongile

Chat Transcript
Info: Thank you for choosing to chat with us.
Info: You're chatting with iD Chatbot. Tell me in a few words how I can help.
Info: 
Quamer: Please put me through to a person
iD Chatbot:

You're being connected to the next available agent.

iD Chatbot: << Sent Rich Content >>
Quamer: iD Customer Services
iD Chatbot:

I'll transfer you to a member of our Live Chat team.

Info: Please wait while your chat is transferred to the best agent for your query.
Info: You're chatting with Sibongile.
Info: 
Quamer: Hello
Sibongile: 
Hi Quamer, I’m just going to have a quick read through your chat history, please bear with me a moment.

Quamer: I contacted you on Monday asking for a document showing proof of usage for the device that I had lost on that day and also a proof of barring off that device again to show that it had been barred. I require these documents for my insurance claim and on that day I was told to email documents@icloud.com
Quamer: I did email with the request and received an automated response with the reference number KMM107458239V91456L0KM
Quamer: I was told that I would receive both documents within 48 hours
Quamer: I then contacted you on Wednesday and asked what was going on and you told me to wait a further 48 hours and that the issue had been raised to 1 upper level and a complaint had also been initiated
Quamer: It has now been five working days and I have not received any reply to my request from the email that I had sent and I have also sent a follow up email which there has also been no reply
Quamer: my insurance company is waiting on these two documents so that they can validate the claim and issue a replacement device but they are unable to do anything until you are able to issue these documents
Sibongile: 
Please allow me a moment to read. 

Quamer: during this time I have contacted you on your Twitter handle and I have also contacted you through the community forum. I have not received any replies from either to my satisfaction
Quamer: If I do not receive these documents by Monday then the insurance company will cancel the claim and I will no longer be able to get a replacement device
Quamer: Of course this matter could have easily been resolved if your telephone lines were manned but you have turned them off and there is nobody there but an automation system which cannot help me
Quamer: I have tried contacting you and you are also saying that you are unable to provide me or issued those documents to me and it is always done through the email department
Quamer: now I refuse to believe that you are unable to contact that department and find out why they have taken so long to reply to my request. This is something that I am sure you are able to do as this matter is now getting very late and there will be severe consequences of the matter is not resolved within the next 72 hours for myself
Quamer: And before you ask my number is (07578) 111789
Quamer: You can now send me the validation link so that you can set take me through security
Sibongile: I'll be right with you.
Quamer: After which I am not sure if you can help me or not because this walk and with you saying that I still have to wait but I am afraid I will not take that answer today and you have to give me a telephone number directly to contact someone immediately or someone needs to contact me today right now regarding this matter
Quamer: I insist on speaking to a supervisor immediately regarding this matter
Sibongile: 
Thank you for all that information, it takes 3/5 working days to receive any documentation that was requested to claim. I will have a look to see when the documents were sent and assist you further. 

Quamer: Thank you
Sibongile: 
To confirm, are you the account holder?

Quamer: Yes
Sibongile: 
Thank you for confirming. Before we get started, I need to ask you a couple of security questions. Please fill in the form I'm about to send you. Once you have entered the information, press submit.

Quamer: That has been done
Sibongile: 
Perfect! That matches our records. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Sibongile: 
Please wait for a moment while I get that information for you.

Quamer: Are you there?
Sibongile: 
Yes, I am still here looking at what happened before with the documentation you were to have received. 

Quamer: Ok
Sibongile: 
I have taken a look and can confirm you were advised to send an email to documents@idmobile.co.uk to request the documentation, what I can do for you is send another email for you with great urgency to get the documentation earlier than the 3/5 working days. 

Quamer: Please do
Sibongile: 
Please bear with me while I get this done for you. 

Sibongile: 
Thanks for being so patient. I'll be with you shortly.

Sibongile: 
Thanks for waiting. I've got some information for you.

Sibongile: 
I have sent another urgent request to the team to have the documentation sent out to you immediately as you have been waiting a long time to receive them. 

I would like to apologize for this not being emailed sooner and having to contact us again and again. 

Quamer: so what new information is this? This is exactly what I was told on my previous chat sessions
Quamer: And what guarantee do I have that the documentation will be sent out to me immediately or that I will then have to wait and after not receiving them will have to contact you again on Monday?
Quamer: so it’s taken you 15 minutes to send an email to the department asking them to expedite this?
Quamer: And altogether it is coming up to 40 minutes since I initiated this chat with yourself. Which basically means indoors 40 minutes you have sent an email that would’ve taken Leston 30 seconds?
Sibongile: 
I have been trying my utmost best to assist you with getting these documents seeing you have been waiting a long time, you don't need to trust me but I have made a point for you to receive them. 

Quamer: don’t you agree that once again unnecessary time has been wasted by unprofessionalism from your side and especially the ID mobile network which is using the pandemic for their own benefit by turning off the phone lines and making that chart representatives answer queries with pre-written responses and at the same time making them liaise with numerous Customers at the same time?
Quamer: so after 40 minutes I am coming to the end of this chat session with nothing at all and I am at the same stage I was on Monday afternoon
Quamer: towards the beginning of the chat session I requested that this matter be expedited to a manager or a supervisor immediately and that that person should contact me by phone so that I am physically speaking to someone rather than over the chat with someone who is probably somewhere in India at a CallCenter and his unable to assist me at all.
Quamer: you have disregarded my request and you have not gone to your supervisor and you have not told him about the essence and the issue in detail.
Sibongile: 
I'm sorry you feel unnecessary time has been wasted on this chat while I was trying to assist you. I would love to get you a manager however there is no available at the moment. 

Quamer: Then I would like you to provide me with a transcript of this chat session so that I can keep it for my records and also send it by email to the complaints department at your network. I may also publish this chat transcript on various social platforms to inform current and future customers of the ID mobile network of the unprofessionalism and the basic disregard for article assistance so that they should think twice before signing up a contract with this company
Quamer: I have done a little research and I have come to the conclusion that all the other networks are able to provide documentation within minutes of request and it is only your network that is unable to do so even after five working days as stated can you regulations
Sibongile: Thanks for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Sibongile: 
You can have this chat sent to you via email. Please tap on the option in the bottom left corner of your chat box.

Quamer: So are you not going to end this chat and not give me the option of putting in a complaint or putting me in touch with a supervisor or a manager or provide me with any further beneficial assistance?
Quamer: and by the way there is no option to have the charts transcript sent via email at the bottom left corner of this chat box as you mention. But I will instead take the effort to make screenshots of the conversation and you start as proof and as a hindrance for future customers from signing up to your network
Sibongile: 
The is a complaint logged on the account on your behalf you make another complaint by calling us on 0800 049 2402 and provide the below information in your voicemail:

Your full name
Your iD mobile number
Details of your complaint
What you would like us to do to put things right
The best number for us to call you back on

Quamer: So you are now giving me a telephone number where I can ring and speak to yet another automated system and put in my details to register a complaint? So if I ring this number that you have just given me, Will it be true that there will be no person at the end of the line and I will continue to be speaking to an automated system?
Quamer: I am a severely disabled person and for myself a mobile phone is probably more essential than anybody else. A mobile phone helps me keep in contact with my team of carers and without it I am lost and without it my car needs are severely being disrupted. I therefore had insurance for the product that if by any chance the item was to get lost then it would be replaced within 48 hours by the insurance company. Now the insurance company are willing to do that providing they can get all the documents validated saw that they have proof off the device being used on the network as stated and proof of the device having been blacklisted. You are unable to provide me these two documents and none of your contact points are able to do so whereas according to my research all the other networks currently do have the telephone system is open with real people at the other end and are also able to provide documents within minutes of request.
Quamer: Now you’re telling me to contact you on a number which once again will be an automated number. You are very well aware that I do not have a mobile phone to call you from and how do I not hard the home landline then I would have been completely out of contact with the outside world. But the home landline is not able to do all the things that a mobile phone device can do such as text messaging and online shopping and similar things like these that assist me in my day-to-day living needs as I am disabled.
Quamer: I once again from the bottom of my heart humbly request you, If you have any other option whether that be taking this matter into your own hands I’m going directly to your manager or supervisor, then please kindly do so as this is now becoming a matter of life and death for me especially due to my disability care needs. Please I beg you to look into this matter immediately and use any methods necessary in your jurisdiction to get me a reply and a response to this matter within the next few minutes.
Sibongile: 
I have advised there is a complaint that has been locked n the account already, the team will be in contact with us to discuss this with you. You need to please kindly wait for them to contact you. 

Quamer: So I have made an appeal to you on humanitarian grounds and you are still giving me a response that has been pre-written for you? I pity and feel sorry for the state of carphone warehouse and ID mobile
Quamer: for if you are not able to even assist people in need during this dreadful times then there is no hole for you and your company.
Quamer: I will now be sending this chat transcript to my insurance company. I will also be sending a copy of this to ID mobile head office. I will also be posting the screenshots on the ID community forum and I will wait a few days and if not receive any response from you, then post the screenshots on various social platforms to educate and inform the public regarding the unprofessionalism and unethical behaviour of carphone warehouse and ID mobile.
Quamer: Thank you for your assistance or the lack of it.
Sibongile: 
I'm sorry you feel that way Quamer, I am truly trying my best to get this sorted out for you as soon as possible I know you might not believe it but I am. 
Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @Swadez 

We can see this has now been resolved through PM. Feel free to message us for any further issues you may have.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?