Question

RCS chat

• 7 April 2024
  • 3 replies

RCS chat showing wrong number. tried to reset but still shows as Id mobile number and not transferred number from old network. anyone know how to reset it?

3 replies

Userlevel 3

Hey there @Ccoatsworth, welcome to Community!

Please try the following, and let us know how you get on:

1) Open Messages, go to Settings (top right, Message Settings), open "Chat Features" or "RCS Chats", verify if this is the correct number or not.

2) If it shows the incorrect one, then head to: https://messages.google.com/disable-chat and you should be able to unregister the number. Once done, turn off the Chat Features/RCS and the phone. Wait a few minutes and turn the device back on and re-enable Chat Features/RCS it should let you re-register/update to the correct number.

Alternatively, you can turn Chat Features/RCS off and test SMS after this.

Thank you,

Tyler

Userlevel 1
  1. go to check if your number is correctly set in place. Go to your google message app, message settings, advanced, phone number, it is not correct or empty, change it.
  2. clear cache. press (click and hold) on the message app icon, until pop up a menu, click on info, then click on clear cache. 
  3. repeat the step 2 for Call.
  4. back to message app, open it, navigate to message settings, RCS chat, turn it off and then on, it should try to verify your number, if the number is wrong, click on “Verify your number” button to put in the correct number, repeat the process until succeeded.
  5. Also, click on mange your google account by click on your icon on the top right corner on message app, make sure you disable the old device there,
  6. Also, go to Network and Internet in setting, rename the SIMS from defult “iD” to something else. I think RCS looks up that value. 

I have not resolve my issue with OTP message yet, but, every little helps, Good Luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Nan888,

Has OTP worked before and is the issue with all OTP’s?

Also have you recently ported your number to iD Mobile?

Kash

Why iD Mobile?