Question

Sim card fails to register

• 19 November 2018
  • 11 replies

Hi, I have a Nokia Classic 6500 (3G capable) which was working OK with Vodafone. We successfully unlocked the phone and put an IDMobile sim (monthly contract) into it but it wouldn't register. We ordered a new sim, and called ID Mobile to activate it. But, 24 hours later, the phone is still saying 'sim card failed to register.' We've turned it on and off and reseated the sim. I believe the sim is not registering because of some fault in ID Mobile's processes. I have another phone, also on ID contract. (I can't check the sim in the second phone as this would mean breaking it down to the smaller size, I would then be unable to use it in my daughter's phone). We're stuck on what to do next.

11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi danherts, we'd recommend you test the SIM in another phone to confirm if it's working as it's likely that the Nokia will get reduced signal as it can only pick up signal on 3G 2100 band.

You could also check your 2nd SIM in the Nokia to see if it's compatible, either way if you carefully break out the SIM from it's surround you can replace it but please ensure it's not loose if you insert it into the phone again.
-Phil
Thanks Phil, will try your suggestions.
Phil, would a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini GT-19195 be compatible with ID Mobile?
thanks.
Hey danherts,

As the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini is a 4G enabled phone, it should work fine with the iD Mobile SIM :)

Jade

My two daughters have sim only service, I can't register and activated the second sim I need help 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The sim is sent out already activated. Just pop it in the phone and you’re good to go! 🙂

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @WelshPaul, massively appreciate all your help, but this isn’t correct; a replacement SIM needs to be activated manually.

@Esther Ansah Open the iD Mobile app, go to ‘My Services’ and tap ‘Activate my SIM’. 

If you can’t access the iD Mobile app, you can activate your new SIM here - https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/sim-swap?_ga=2.40349601.264067121.1585426949-386834993.1575297830

Let me know if you need any more help at all!

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Rory, Apologies, I wasn’t aware it was a replacement SIM. I was under the impression that she had purchased two brand new SIM’s (one for each daughter).

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Reading it back, you could be right! @WelshPaul 

@Esther Ansah Your message reads a little ambiguous, so if you could clarify the issue with a bit more detail, that would be most appreciated :)

Thank you,

Rory

I ve been on community and have read most comment and have tried but none on this works 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You still haven’t told us if this is a replacement SIM card or a new SIM card as a result of purchasing a new plan @Esther Ansah?

Why iD Mobile?