Skip to main content

Upon receiving my new iPhone 15 I inserted the new SIM card. I then carried across all the data from my old iPhone to new phone.

However after doing this I had two WiFi’s showing on my phone, P1 iD WiFi and P2 EE WiFi. 

When I looked at ‘Mobile Service’ in Settings, it showed my mobile number under P2, but a totally different mobile number under P1.

How did this happen as I never wanted or requested a new number, so how do I go about correcting this on my new iPhone, so that I only have my old number that I wish to keep?

And yes I did provide iD with my PAC Code.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Looks like you joined iD Mobile from EE, @Steve456891

Has your EE account has been closed?

Did you have an EE eSIM?

If iD Mobile have completed your switch from EE to iD, for the number you wanted to keep, then your ‘old’ EE account should be closed and the ‘old’ EE SIM inactive. 

Thanks andewhite.

I was previously with EE and no I didn’t have an eSIM with them, and I don’t want an eSIM with iD either.

I gave iD the PAC number at point of purchase, so assumed iD would handle the change over from EE. Do I personally need to let EE know as well?

so once my contract with EE is fully terminated, will I only then see the one WiFi on my phone, that being iD WiFi?

Thanks

Okay @Steve456891, not too sure what EE WiFi and iD WiFi means. 

Both EE and iD provide a WiFi Calling service, but this can only be used via a Wi-Fi network connection. 

You’ll know when iD begin working on your switch, using the PAC from EE, because your EE SIM will stop working, and iD arrange for your EE account to be closed once the number you wanted to keep transfer to iD.

FYI, forum member like us can’t see iD customers accounts, nor switching information, so perhaps best to chat online with a customer adviser at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat - the iD advisers work until 8pm on weekdays.

Hi @Steve456891,

Welcome to the Community!

I hope that you managed to get this resolved.

If you still require assistance, please let us know.

Kash

It has now been resolved.

Thanks Steve

Hi @Steve456891 

Glad to hear, let us know if you need anything else.

Tom