Skip to main content
Solved

What is the difference between the various £12 pm plans?

• 8 June 2024
  • 1 reply

I’ve moved to an island where the only mast is owned by Three, so I’m moving to IDmobile. I have two questions though.
1) What’s the difference between all those £12pm plans - apart from 90gb to 200gb? I have a 4g+ router from a previous address that I’ll be using with an outdoor antenna, and my prior usage has been as much as  100 - 130gb per month.
2) I had great difficulty at first with GiffGaff’s 2 factor authentication - by default they tried to text to the router, so I had to take the sim out and put it in an old phone etc. etc. Does IDmobile do the same and does anyone have experience of how easy/difficult it is to get them to email an auth code instead?
TIA
Ian I.

Hey there @Ian Ibbetson, thank you for reaching out. In terms of the difference between plans, this will be outlined on our website for each plan in the information section. The difference between them will simply be the amount of calls, texts and data you get on each.

Secondly, for the 2-factor authentication, I believe this used to be sent by text, although I believe it’s now sent by email, so you should be able to receive it. However, it may still be text, I’m not 100% sure on that.

Please also note that we only officially support the usage of our SIM cards in handset devices listed on our website, so we can’t guarantee that our SIM card will work correctly in your router, so it would be used at your own discretion knowing it may or may not work.

Thank you,

Tyler