Skip to main content
Solved

won't connect to network

• 19 July 2024
  • 8 replies

I have just purchased a new SIM. Whilst it initially connected to the network now it won't. I can't make calls or use data. It does work when connected to my WiFi.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @EvilP,

Are you still experiencing issues?

Thanks.

Hi

The signal is very poor and drops out a lot. I have taken the phone to office her locations and it is slightly better in some places but generally poor.

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for confirming @EvilP, can you confirm which postcodes you are experiencing issues at?

Hi

TS23 in general my postcode is TS23 2AL 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Looks like you live in an area of poor Mobile Coverage, regardless of which UK network you are with:

This explains your drop outs. Unfortunately, unless our network partner 3UK invest in more infrastructure in your area, things are not likely to improve.

Thanks.

I have absolutely no issues with my phone's on Vodafone network and when I checked with ID mobile coverage before purchasing it said the coverage is fine for 4G in this area.

I have also had family visit who are with ID mobile and they have no issues here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

In that case @EvilP, I’d suggest contacting our Live Chat team, who can rasie a ticket with our network partner 3UK as to why you’re specific SIM is having issues. Thanks.