F.A.Q.

What is voicemail and how do I use it?

• 11 August 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Voicemail is like a digital answering machine; when someone calls you and you can’t pick up, they leave a voice message.

When a caller leaves a message, you’ll get a text explaining how to listen. Voicemail is available on all iD phones, for all of our customers.

How do I access my voicemail?

Accessing your voicemail is easy! Simply dial 123 on your iD Mobile phone to access your voicemail.

You can also check your voicemail messages on speed dial - simply press and hold 1 on your keypad.

What is my voicemail PIN?

A voicemail PIN is a security measure that helps to keep your voicemail secure by preventing anyone else from accessing it.

When you access your voicemail for the first time, you’ll be prompted to set up a secure PIN.

When you set up your new voicemail PIN, don't make it easy to guess. We don't accept PINs like 1111 or 1234.

How do I change my voicemail PIN?

When you get a new phone, you should change your voicemail PIN to keep your voicemails private. If you don't do this, anyone that picks up your phone could access your voicemail!

Here's how to change your voicemail PIN on iD.

1. Dial 123 from your iD mobile, or +44 7782 333 123 from any other phone.

1. Listen to the prompts, and select the relevant options to change your voicemail PIN.

1. Press 2, then press 1 to change your PIN.

1. Re-enter your new voicemail PIN.

FAQs

Does iD voicemail include a call back service?

Yes, iD Voicemail includes a call back service. After you listen to a message, call back lets you connect to the caller who left a message, without having to leave voicemail and dial the number.

If you use call back, you'll be charged standard outgoing call rates.

Does it cost anything to use voicemail in the UK?

The calls you make to voicemail come out of your monthly minutes allowance, so won’t cost you any extra.

If you run out of minutes, you'll be charged the standard rate for using voicemail, which is 40p per minute (with a one-minute minimum call charge).

You'll also be charged the standard voicemail rate if you use the call back service within voicemail.

Can I use voicemail abroad?

Yes, you can access your voicemail when you're abroad. You'll need a voicemail PIN, so make sure you've set one up before you travel.

Then when you're abroad and want to listen to your voicemail, follow these simple steps:

1. Dial 123 from your iD mobile, or +447782 333 123 from any other phone.

1. Enter your PIN followed by '#'.

1. Select option 2 and listen to your voicemail.

If you're roaming in one of our 50 free roaming destinations, the cost of using voicemail abroad will come out of your minutes.

If you’re roaming in a Band 1 or Band 2 destination, you'll be charged standard UK out-of-plan rates. For more details, check out our roaming call charges page.

Can I forward all calls to voicemail?

You should be able to do this, but the exact method varies between phones and operating systems. Your best bet is to check your phone's operating manual for details.

If you have any trouble doing this, we'll try and help. Use our online contact form to get in touch.

How can I record a personal voicemail greeting?

It's easy to record your own personal greeting. Just dial 123 from your iD mobile and follow the prompts from the automated menu.

Can I turn my voicemail on or off?

To turn off voicemail, simply log in to your iD app or log in to my account area and select 'services', then toggle voicemail 'off'.

This topic has been closed for comments
Why iD Mobile?