Skip to main content

It’s worrying if you lose your phone or SIM, or your phone is stolen. It's important that you let us know as soon as possible when this does happen. That way, we can protect your account from any misuse and make sure that your data’s safe. Here’s what you should do:

Block your Phone and SIM.

It's important to block your SIM as soon as possible as you may be liable for any usage that occurs on your SIM before a block is placed. Blacklisting your phone targets the phone's IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity), so when someone goes to insert a SIM card to use it - the phone won't be able to connect to a network. You can block your SIM card in just a few minutes. Here’s how to do it:

• iD Mobile app or My Account online.

Go to Plan > ‘SIM and Phone Management > ’Block SIM’. If you wish to blacklist you phone, you’ll need to speak to one of our Live Chat agents.

• Call our Automated Phone Service.

Call 0333 003 7777 from any phone. Once processed, we’ll suspend your SIM, and the last phone associated with the SIM will be blacklisted.

• Live Chat.

One of our agents can help you block your SIM card and blacklist your phone.

Replace your SIM.

If your phone has been lost or stolen, you'll still be obligated to continue with your contract. To do this, you’ll need to order a replacement SIM.

Please note: Before you can use your services, you will need to activate your replacement SIM.

Replace your Phone.

If your phone is insured, you'll need to get in contact with your insurance provider to get a replacement.

Please note: Most insurers will need you to let them and the network know within 24 hours of it being lost or stolen. You might have to notify the police too in order to make a claim. The police may provide you with an incident reference number - which you'll need when making a claim.

If your phone isn't insured, you'll have to cover the cost of a replacement phone yourself. You’ll still have to pay for the remaining months on your contract. To continue using your plan, you could buy a new SIM free phone.

FAQs.

What if I don't know my phone number?

If you've lost your SIM card and don't know your mobile phone number, you'll need to contact us via Live Chat. One of our assistants will then be able to look into this for you