Finally fingerprint log-in is here!

• 10 August 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
The iD Mobile app just keeps getting better! You can now log into the app without having to remember your PIN or password.

6 replies

I can see the option in my app (on windows mobile) but presume it won't work unless your phone has the hardware - for instance, mine has iris login but not fingerprint AFAIK?
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @Blinkertoon,

Welcome to the iD Community!

You are correct. Your phone will have to have the fingerprint sensor hardware built-in in order for this feature to work.

Ryan
I have fingerprint sensor hardware but I am not even offered the option when I open the app - when when I have switched on the Fingerprint Login option?
Userlevel 1
I just use a bookmark link because I don't want to keep logging in with the dumb app, I think it must be the only app you have to keep logging in like an idiot
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
I have fingerprint sensor hardware but I am not even offered the option when I open the app - when when I have switched on the Fingerprint Login option?

Have you tried updating the app? Are you still having the same issues?

I just use a bookmark link because I don't want to keep logging in with the dumb app, I think it must be the only app you have to keep logging in like an idiot

Hey there @Salfordian,

We've fed this back previously and believe this has been fixed now. The app no longer logs out and is session based. This will allow you to use our app whilst switching back and forth from other apps without being logged out.

With the addition of Fingerprint login, we've made it easier than ever to jump in, track your usage and carry on with your browsing/call etc.

We've also increased the amount of time available on the session timer so this should actually be longer than the website before you're timed out.

We'd recommend giving the app another chance following these updates and improvements!

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
No thanks, there should be no need to login, I don't know any other network that has an app you have to login like an idiot