Solved

Using a Thai SIM card in my iD Mobile contract phone

• 30 July 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi. I've had a contract with ID since April.

I'm going to Thailand next week and will need to be in touch with my Thai friends over there. Will I be able to buy a Thai SIM and insert in my ID phone? It's a Huawei P30.
icon

Best answer by pricenick 13 August 2019, 11:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hey @pricenick

It is very difficult to give you definitive answer. Phones in Asia are using different frequencies to connect to a network so I am not sure if your version will support. Phone should be unlocked though so it should work with most European sim cards.

As of iD Mobile, they do guarantee it to work within UK only but I have tested my Nokia 8.1 purchased with them myself in Poland (Play), Germany (T-Mobile) and Portugal (MEO) and it worked all fine.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 2
Thanks Hikari.

If it's unlocked then it should be ok, I hope. I used to live in Asia and never had a problem switching between PAYG SIM cards here and there with phones I'd bought previously.

I'll update when I get over there. The SIMs and plans are good value over there, so hopefully it'll work and I'll be able to use my phone there
Userlevel 2
As an update, it works no problems and I found out my P30 has dual SIM. I turned off roaming data before leaving the UK and have a Thai SIM inserted which means only the Thai SIM works while I'm in Thailand.
Userlevel 1
Yes no problem we do it all the time when we go to the Philippines. As long as your phone is unlocked there should not be any problems

Why iD Mobile?