I started a new phone contract through ID Mobile on the 18th of November (my Tesco contract expired) and speaking to someone on the customer service team through Carphone wearhouse they asked me if I would like to have a new phone number or transfer my existing one over. I said yes to transferring the existing one over so the gentleman on the phone done that PAC technique with me and said it should be all working by the 20th of November. Fast forward to the 21st of November and I’m texting my girlfriend and she has told me she has received the message on the number I wanted transferring over and ALSO on the number that ID mobile was going to provide for me. Why is this and how can I fix this issue? Every time I message someone using iMessage it comes through as a new mobile number (the one ID mobile would have provided me) and when I sent a normal text message it uses the number that I wanted to keep and transferred over from Tesco. Can someone help? As there is no customer service number for ID Mobile.
Best answer by Mohammed
Should be a simple fix.
You’ll just need to update the number in iMessage as for some reason, Apple still doesn’t automatically do this in iOS..
1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”.