Solved

Texts won’t send

• 22 September 2020
  • 18 replies

Hi, I took out a contract with ID mobile on an iPhone 11 & ported my phone number from another network to the phone. I now cannot send text messages. I have checked the iMessage settings but they have the number I was given before my number ported over still listed. I’ve tried signing in & out again of iMessage but it makes no difference. I don’t know how I change this number to my number that I ported across. Can you help please? 

icon

Best answer by Will 27 September 2020, 16:21

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @debzmonster,

Can you please check under the “My Number” setting on your handset that the number you ported in is displayed please? i suspect it isn’t, and if that’s the case, please change it to reflect the desired number and let us know how you get on.

Will

I am facing the same issue. I don not receive messages and calls and verification codes in other website (google, Imessage, whatsapp and bank, etc) after the porting. I’ve made a complain over the chat port in the morning and done all above as requested. But its is still the same. Very annoying. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @dulaniewijesekara,

Please can you try the following instructions to see if this helps solve your issue?

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Ryan

@Ryan 

I have done all that since Sunday repeatedly 

as told by the live chat agent 

but the issue is still the same 

I’ve requested replacement SIM and hope at least that works out 

quite disappointed ☹️ 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Let us know how you get on @dulaniewijesekara 

One other thing to try would be to:

Turn off your phone.  Take out the SIM.

Turn on the phone (without any SIM inserted).

Leave the phone on for a few minutes.  Then turn off.

Re-insert the SIM.  Turn the phone on.

This sometimes refreshes your phones connection to the network and the number that is associated to the iPhone 11 (if previously incorrect).

I cannot send texts,  texts just lists and alternative sim card

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @PeterI,

Are there any particular error messages that display? What handset are you using?

Is this a new development or has it always been the case?

Will

My text messages won’t send. I have followed the steps above but they still won’t send!! I ported a number across from EE

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Sharonc820 

Please can you confirm if your port has taken place recently? 

Are there any error messages when you try to send a text?

Please could you also try turning your phone off and back on again, this normally helps. 

Michelle 

I have done both of those things! Although I have been told that my messages come through for some people with the new number not my original phone number!!! 
what’s app is fine 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Sharonc820 

What handset are you using? 

Michelle 

Userlevel 1

I’m having the exact same issue, unable to receive phone calls or texts on iPhone 8. I can still make outgoing calls and texts and receive iMessages.  I’ve done all of the above numerous times with no success. Please can someone help? Literally had this issue for over a month now! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Kamilaa15,

Having tried the above methods, have you since tried contacting our Live Chat Team here for support with your issue?

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Yes, wasted 4 hours of my day today trying to get through but “all the advisors were too busy”. Absolute disgrace. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Kamilaa15 

We can see the team has sent you a message in Private Message regarding this. They will continue to speak to you from there.

-Mohsin

My texts won’t send. I have a Samsung Galaxy 10. All of a sudden I can’t receive or send texts.

I’ve called Samsung but they won’t do anything until I chat with you and get a Message Centre Number.

How do I resolve this?

Badge +10

@Soniar

There are reported wide spread issues with the three network effecting text, however thankfully calls are still working for now!

(iD Mobile runs on the Three network)

Hopefully it’s just be a short term outage, thankfully they are aware of the issue and working on it, seems the third party outage websites are quicker to pick up on the issues than the actual three network website service checker!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Soniar,

We did have some network issues relating to the sending and receiving of text messages on Saturday, but these have since been fixed. Are you still having the same issue, or is it resolved now?

Will

Why iD Mobile?