F.A.Q.

What do I do if my phone is lost or stolen?

• 11 August 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Lost your phone, or had it stolen, and not sure what to do? We’ve got the answers for you here at iD Mobile.  

What do I do if my phone is lost or stolen?

In the instance that you lose your phone, or that it’s stolen, it’s important that you let us know as soon as possible. This way, we can protect your account from unauthorised usage. If you don’t inform us right away, you may be liable for any usage that occurs on your SIM before we are alerted.  

If your phone has been lost or stolen, you’ll need to place a block on your phone. This will prevent anyone else from using it. When a block is put in place, it targets the phone’s IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity), so when someone goes to insert a SIM card to use it, the phone will not be able to connect to a network.  

To put a block on your account, simply: 

1. Log in to My Account online, or the iD Mobile app if available.  

1. Go to My services and then Lost or Stolen 

1. Tap Prevent your phone or SIM from being used and then Block SIM  

1. Finally, click Confirm 

Alternatively, you can chat to us online and one of our agents will help you out. We’ll also be able to let you know if it’s possible to blacklist your handset. This will mean that nobody will ever be able to use it, even if it were to be sold.  

Our Live Chat team are available 9am-8pm Monday to Friday and 9am-6pm Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays. If the Live Chat is unavailable, call our automated telephone service on 0333 003 7777 from a landline or another mobile (charges may vary). 

How do I get a new SIM?

You can find out everything you need to know about getting a replacement SIM in the handy guide below:

What do I do if my phone’s insured?

If you’ve got insurance for your phone, get in touch with your insurance provider as quickly as possible. Most insurers will require you to notify them and your network within 24 hours of your phone going missing, whether it was lost or stolen.  

You may also be required to report your missing phone to the police to get an incident reference number before you can submit a claim. This is usually required within 24 to 48 hours of your phone going missing. When you contact your insurer and the police, make sure you have your phone’s IMEI (serial number) to hand. If you don’t know it, chat to us and we’ll be able to tell you. 

Your insurer will assist you with arranging a replacement phone. 

What do I do if my phone’s not insured?

If you haven’t got insurance for your phone, you unfortunately won’t be covered for the cost of buying a new one. Don’t worry though, Carphone Warehouse has a wide selection of handsets that you can purchase SIM-free.  

This topic has been closed for comments
Why iD Mobile?