Skip to main content

My phone has suddenly stopped receiving and making calls. I have 5G but when I make a call the network drops and the call fails. I can send and receive text messages though 🤷‍♀️! Anyone else had this problem? 

Yes we also have the exact same issue, even though the status checker says no reported issues in the area.

I think I need to bin this network on e and for all

Cart ring out or in

I have had exactly the same problem over the last week or two. Has anybody got a solution?

Hi @Rob Cherry,

I can see that we have responded to you elsewhere.

If you require further assistance, please get back to us here.

Kash

Okay @Alison Carter, @Bod Hickman, @Malcolm Walker, @Rob Cherry - are you in the Midlands area where Three UK have turned off their 3G network? 

If you are, then performing a NETWORK RESET may help.

Otherwise, try turning off your handset, removing the SIM card, wait 10-minutes, insert the SIM card, and restart your handset.

My phone has stopped making or receiving calls. SMS messages still work. I have a strong 4G signal. I have tried resetting the mobile network on my phone and have turned off and removed and replaced the SIM card. But still no phone calls. Help me please!

My phone has stopped making or receiving calls. SMS messages still work. I have a strong 4G signal. I have tried resetting the mobile network on my phone and have turned off and removed and replaced the SIM card. But still no phone calls. Help me please!

What make and model is the handset with your iD SIM, @Judy22?

Has the iD 3G network service been turned OFF in your area? 

I have the same issue, I cant make or receive calls.It is also impossible to contact or get any assistance from ID mobile. I have an I phone 13 Pro Max and tried everything that was recommended in this community. I am based in London and cant believe how bad this network provider is. 

Same here on the South Coast, no calls in or out for a few days.

Live Chat for an hour - tells me my brand new 5G phone is not compatible with the network !

Shocking company, shocking lack of service, PAC code time...

Hi @timstickland,

You can view all the 4G VoLTE compatible handsets at the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/4g-calling

Kash

I'm off to another network.

iDMobile and 3 are beyond poor.

Vote with your feet people, it's all they will understand !

How long is this going on for? I've even put a 3 sim in my phone and that's ok, so it's definitely an iD thing. Can't even get hold of customer services.

@timstickland - Best of luck with your new provider. Thanks.

@CathB -

Have you tried these steps? Thanks.

@Matthew T  yes, tried them all. And more. I'm just lost what to do. 

I did all of them when the original message came through. Then checked them all when this problem appeared. Gave my phone to my husband and he checked them, and a load of other settings. Have tried his sim in my phone -that's fine. And my sim in his phone -not fine. Then a 3 sim in my phone and that's fine. It does seem to be an ID thing. 

I can still get /send texts and data, just no calls. 

Please help. What do I try?

@CathB -

Which phone are you using? It might be worth trying a replacement SIM:

Thanks.

@Matthew T I have a Samsung s10e.

I have alternative Sims here, with other providers, and they work fine. Including the 3 sim. Any other ideas?

Is your iD SIM in SIM Slot 1 & set to ‘Primary’ @CathB?
And to confirm your Samsung S10e where was it purchased from? Is it a UK model? Thanks.

Hi @Matthew T ,

On my phone the magic incantation "*#06#" only returns one IMEI number, so I believe that means I only have one sim slot?? 

I believe it's a uk phone, it was bought used (all the proper documentation) and unlocked.

@CathB -

Going to send you a Private Message. Thanks.

OK, so we sort-of have progress. Evidently my phone is US version, so although I have VoLTE, I can't use that for some reason on the iD network. But I can use it directly with other providers, including 3.

Now LTE is a standard, so IF the iD implementation were correct, I should be able to use that also. This suggests something seriously wrong with iD and their version of LTE. 

So after completely lousy customer service from iD, @Matthew T helped track this down -thanks. But why does it need someone not employed by iD to sort out their problems???

Hope this helps some others also. The solution is to switch to another provider: ironically that includes 3 who provide the network used by iD. But their LTE implementation obviously meets the standards better in the ways my phone needs. 

@CathB -

Thanks for summarising. Just to let you know, I do work for iD. :)

I am having the same problem, just arrived in the UK, my UK account is on an eSim - I have changed my settings over to the Uk for data and calls but cant make a call...

@Dunnarunner -

Have you tried these steps?

Thanks.

@Matthew T when you sent a pm. It said you were not an iD employee. Maybe you could sort that?