Solved

Is it possible to view data usage

• 27 November 2023
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1

Could anyone kindly inform me if it is possible to view what data has been used over a one month period.

I currently have a SIM card in a router which provides my TV, PC & Tablets and phone Wi-Fi signal. The SIM deal is for unlimited data. I suspect with only two of us in the house unlimited data could be trimmed down to a cheaper option but without knowing what data we use per month its difficult to choose another cheaper deal.

Any advice where I could view our data usage would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 27 November 2023, 13:26

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Okay @Reachingout, mobile data use is shown in detail in the PDF copy of your monthly iD Mobile bills. 

You can access bills from your iD online account and should be able to download PDF copies of your iD bills, to check the monthly data usage.

Userlevel 1

Ding Dong, found it! Many thanks indeed andewhite - Big thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Reachingout 

Glad to see @andewhite could help you out here, let us know if you need anything else.

Tom

Bizarre that users can’t see real-time, or at least daily, data usage and need to await a bill to access this info. I’ve apparently used 9GB of data in less that a week, while at home connected to wifi, but can’t access any information about how or when. Other providers do this much better; raise your game iD!

Userlevel 1

Bizarre that users can’t see real-time, or at least daily, data usage and need to await a bill to access this info.

Same. I’ve lost a chunk of my PAYG balance but since it only seems to update the usage data once a month I have to wait 2 weeks to check where it went.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @arcall,

Just checking if you have tried accessing your account online and checking that way?

Kash

Userlevel 1

​​​Just checking if you have tried accessing your account online and checking that way?

I have no usage data for my PAYG account within my online account since 6 May, despite having used my balance numerous times since that date. How often is the usage data updated?

Userlevel 1

I've only just switched over the iD and find it strange that you can't see realtime usage.

Ok, so I'm on an unlimited plan, but it's something I like to keep an eye on.

Is it something that is in the pipeline??

Userlevel 1

I've only just switched over the iD and find it strange that you can't see realtime usage.

I’ve checked again and data in “Your usage” is delayed by two weeks. It would definitely be nice to see more up to date data. @Kash is this something that can be improved?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @arcall @Steve Oswick,

Welcome to the Community!

The app does show real time usage.

Unfortunately some customers are seeing some issues with the app but the team should have it fixed soon.

It’s always worth logging out and logging back in to see if your app issues are resolved.

If you continue to have issues, please let us know and we can PM you to investigate further.

Kash

Userlevel 1

@Kash fair enough. Here’s a screen shot showing my data delayed by two weeks.

Userlevel 1

Well I've logged out and back in numerous times but I can't see any actual usage anywhere, unless I'm missing something.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @arcall 

Thanks, as mentioned we would at this time expect this, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

As an alternative, your device may have a feature to track data.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Steve Oswick 

Usage is typically on the home page of the app, however there have been some issues with this, the team are working on them, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Tom