Question

sim only deal, keep my old id mobile number?

• 22 November 2023
  • 9 replies

Please help…… My old contract of 24 month has just run out, so i decided to switch to a sim only deal and save some money. It’s really important that i keep my old number as i run a business from that number and have spent £100s in advertising ect. I Have been sent my new sim and put it into the phone but i have a new unknown number? I do have a PAC code for my previous number but how do i go about getting it on the new sim?

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Dave Hughes, just in case, a cautionary note about the iD terms & conditions, which state their services are for personal use only. 

Anyway, sounds like you may have purchased a new connection, not an upgrade for your existing iD contract. Unfortunately iD can’t / won’t transfer a number from one iD account to another iD account. 

To use the number you wanted to keep with the new SIM only plan, you’d need to perform a triangle port. Otherwise, perhaps the SIM only plan in the cooling off period, and then try upgrading from the options shown while signed-in to your old contract’s iD account.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Dave Hughes It sounds like you have taken out a new contract, rather than upgrading. If so, you have a couple of options. As you are not able to port your number within the same network (i.e. port from iD to iD), only upgrade; you can port your current iD number from your current plan to a different networks Pay As You Go SIM. You would then be able to port this back to a new iD plan. This is otherwise known as a triangular port. Or you can cancel your new SIM only plan and upgrade your number to a SIM only plan.

I hope this helps explain things, but if you have any further questions, please let us know. Thanks.

Hi ive ordered a new monthly sim only deal with ID Mobile but how do i keep my current number? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi i've ordered a new monthly sim only deal with ID Mobile but how do i keep my current number? 

Who’s your current service provider (for the number you want to keep), @Hales2406?  

My current one is EE mobile 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

My current one is EE mobile 

Okay @Hales2406, just ask EE for your PAC, and then give this PAC to iD Mobile. 

This forum article could help in this situation. 

How do i give it to ID Mobile?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

How do i give it to ID Mobile?

Do it online at https://switching.idmobile.co.uk/, @Hales2406.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Hales2406 

If you’re already made your purchase and yet to give us your PAC code, you’ll be able to do it online on the switching form.

https://switching.idmobile.co.uk/

Tom

Why iD Mobile?