Question

Switzerland mobile calls

• 10 March 2024
  • 7 replies

I understand I need to pay roaming charges for calls and texts when I travel to Switzerland next week and it appears these are capped at £25 maximum. It would seem this cannot be increased so what happens if I reach the limit and need to make more urgent calls.  Can I simply make a payment of £25 to reset the cap to zero. If not can I increase my limit in another way?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @CSS,

Welcome to the Community!

If you have reached your current bill cap limit, you won’t be able to use the bill cap limit until your next billing cycle.

You won’t be able to reset the bill cap by making a payment unfortunately.

You can check what your limit is via your account. Simply log in to the iD Mobile app or My Account online and adjust your bill cap on the settings page.

Kash

Sorry if i understand this correctly, i have a bill cap of £25 which i am not able to increase as it is the maximum. This roughly equates to making 10 calls in Switzerland @£2.40 per call according to ID’s tariff.  I cant top up this cap with a payment in advance.  As I am away for 5 days and if i need to make more calls (for example in an emergency) how can i do this?  It seems totally inflexible.  I am more than happy to pay for any calls i make. 

I was told there was no possibility of roaming in Switzerland and that I would have to buy a Swiss SIM. ID Mobile at its best?

Just doesn't make sense if you're happy to pay for the calls what is the issue?

The issue is that I was told there was no coverage available for Switzerland. Is that complicated?

I went last year. There is definitely coverage and it works fine. Trouble is I used my 25 quid within about two hours making a few calls and using some data. You can't then pay or increase your credit limit so you are unable to contact without WiFi or another SIM

Userlevel 3

Hey there @CSS, you should be able to increase your spending and roaming caps to higher than £25.00 I believe. What happens when you try to increase it higher than £25.00 please?

@timoji, thank you also for reaching out. You can certainly roam whilst in Switzerland, you just need to enable roaming and international features via both the iD Mobile app/website, as well as your phone’s own settings, and ensure your spending cap via the iD Mobile app/website is high enough to allow out of contract charges for roaming in Switzerland.

Thank you,

Tyler

Why iD Mobile?