Question

Thailand possible sim / possible account issue

I'm in Thailand on holiday and have got a local SIM for most use, but need to get texts on my ID for verification etc. I've done this before with other providers no issue so didn't think there'd be any problems.

I've got both SIMs in the phone. Local one is fine but the ID one seems to not even turn on correctly, never mind get network. I tried switching the slots each SIM was in, tried without the local SIM, tried rebooting etc.

So now I guess either my ID SIM is corrupt, or there's an issue with my account that means the SIM won't even try. I read here it might need a higher rate cap set than I usually have, which I think is only £10.

However, I can't get into my account to check because I had to update the app and now need to get a text to my ID to verify, and also can't try the website directly as it's blocked from Thailand!

Any ideas or am I just stuck unable to get any verification texts until I get home?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @mattrowe,

Welcome to the Community!

There aren’t no charges for receiving messages in Thailand.

Are you connected to a network? Have you tested the SIM in another handset?

Kash

I'm connecting to a local network with the local SIM, no problem.

I have a dual SIM handset. When I try and turn the ID one on it looks like it's doing it, but then nothing.

I don't have another handset to try.

Userlevel 3

Hey @mattrowe, we’re very sorry to hear that. Can you please confirm if you’re still having the same issues?

If so, we’ll drop you a PM to investigate further with you.

Thank you,

Tyler

Hi Tyler

Yeah, still having the same problem. 

Matt

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @mattrowe 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?