Solved

upgrade ,do I need to insert the new sim

Userlevel 1

I have upgraded my current plan to pay monthly 12 months. ie £5  The new sim is in the post, but i cannot physically access because I am in hospital. The new plan is unlimited phone calls unlimited txt and 3 gb gata.

The app shows unlimited  calls and txts but the data  is 1.5 of 1.8gb 

Do I have to physically insert the new sim as mins txts are ok but not data and/or will the data 

will get updated automatically to 3gb I also bought a £6 addon for more mins as i thought I might run out,

but with hindsight that was not really required. Do I assume that was a waste as I was not sure how

long the upgrade would take effect plus not sure if I had to put in the new sim to activate the

calls/txt and data. Could I get a refund on the £6 or is that discretionary and how would I get in contact

if that was allowed.

icon

Best answer by Rory 26 May 2022, 16:25

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

With regards to the SIM, if your existing iD SIM fits in your handset, carry on using it.

The iD app will eventually reflect your upgraded allowances etc.

Good luck!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @roger123, as long as you’ve definitely upgraded and not placed an order for a new line, you can just carry on using the old SIM. Double check your order confirmation email to see if it mentions the word ‘upgrade’.

If you’ve switched part-way through your billing cycle, then you’ll receive a pro-rata data allowance.

For example, if you moved from a 5GB plan to a 10GB plan half-way through your billing cycle, you’d receive a pro-rata data allowance of 7.5GB. You’ll receive the full allowance as of your next full billing cycle.

Unfortunately, add-ons are not refundable. Sorry about that.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?