Solved

Accidentally bought a second sim-only deal on the same account?

• 14 August 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
So I already have a sim-only deal tied to my iD account and accidentally purchased a second uswitch exclusive one on it with the intention of switching sims/deals (because I can't change my plan directly) and ending the old plan at the end of the month.

Will I be able to just create a new iD account for the new sim when it arrives? And will I be able to transfer my current phone number from my current plan to the new sim in the same way it's done between differing networks?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 27 August 2018, 13:31

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hello there @CountJac

If you have bought a second ID SIM, this will be counted as a separate account and number.
So you'll need to register that one separately online or through the app and have it's own username/ password to access the account.

Unfortunately we have no ability to move 1 existing ID Mobile number to another ID Mobile SIM either. The only means you would have in order to do what you've described above would be to move your original number to another network. Once that's complete, you could move that number from the other network over to the SIM you've most recently bought from us.

Hope that helps, but feel free to ask any follow up questions.

Kevin
Userlevel 1
Is there any time limit on porting numbers?

I'm going on holiday next week so I'd rather wait until after then to port my number to a different network PAYG SIM and then to my new iD plan, is there any time limit on when I can port an old number to my new plan or can I do it 2-3 weeks from now? I'm not planning on ending my current plan just yet so the 30-day PAC limit won't be a concern.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello there @CountJac

If you have bought a second ID SIM, this will be counted as a separate account and number.So you'll need to register that one separately online or through the app and have it's own username/ password to access the account.

Unfortunately we have no ability to move 1 existing ID Mobile number to another ID Mobile SIM either. The only means you would have in order to do what you've described above would be to move your original number to another network. Once that's complete, you could move that number from the other network over to the SIM you've most recently bought from us.

Hope that helps, but feel free to ask any follow up questions.

Kevin

I'm going on holiday next week so I'd rather wait until after then to port my number to a different network PAYG SIM and then to my new iD plan, is there any time limit on when I can port an old number to my new plan or can I do it 2-3 weeks from now? I'm not planning on ending my current plan just yet so the 30-day PAC limit won't be a concern.

There's no time-limit on porting and it can be done at any time during your contract as long as no disconnection is open/in progress.

Just remember, PAC codes are valid for 30-days so if you've already got one and you haven't used it by it's expiration date, you'll need to request a new one.

Have a great holiday and give us a shout if you need anything further.

Mohammed

Hi.  I have the same problem, but would like to cancel the second sim.

I tried cancelling it an hour or so after ordering it, when i realised my mistake, but it had already gone in the post.  I haven’t been able to come online at the right time for anyone to be free on the live chat.  Could someone send me a message to help me cancel the second sim?

Cheers.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Your wish is our command @aliceanja 

If you could respond to our private message here, we’ll get that sorted for you no problem.

Hi Kevin, I've responded to the pm. Cheers.

Why iD Mobile?