Question

Changing plan to unlimited data - currently overpaying

• 7 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, im currently in the last eight months of a 24 month contract, but want to upgrade my data allowance. Im currently vastly overpaying at nearly 14 pounds a month for only 1 gig of data, when I see current offers can give unlimited at 20 pounds to new customers. Can I query as to why for myself to upgrade the same package would cost 35 pounds a month? Is there anything I can do to negotiate this?

1 reply

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Kanderin 

£20 unlimited data deal for new customers is a Sim Only deal which means they will not be paying for the phone. In your case you still have 8 month to pay off the phone that you took with your contract. It is not an upgrade just a plan change. You will be able to get that £20 deals in 6 months time when you will be eligible to uprade. The deal of £35 that is showing there could be explained as £20 for the data + £15 for the phone. I am exactly on the same boat as you. I cannot upgrade until May next year which means to get unlimited data and still pay of my phone I would need to pay £40.99 as shown on the screenshot below.

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Why iD Mobile?