Solved

Failed Internal Security Check

• 14 September 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Hey everyone this is my first post and I'm just looking some advice!

So I have 2 Pay Monthly device contracts with ID and today I called up the sales team to pre order the new iPhone 11 Pro Max as a 3rd contract we went through all the choices I wanted I passed the credit check all fine but when they took my card details for £150 upfront fee and security check the security check failed twice and they won't process another one for 30 days after taking £300 authorisation on my card they advised for me to go into a carphonewarehouse store which could do another security check but upon going into store I was told that they cannot do another check for 30 days. Upon checking my ID account when I got home for any reason I would have failed this check I noticed the layout of my address was strange they had my house number in address line 1 then the remainder of my street name in address line 2 I'm wondering if anybody thinks this may have been the reason I failed as it would not have matched the same layout my bank would have? Has anybody had the same issue? Any advice would be great!

Thanks
Stephen
icon

Best answer by terrywebbs 15 September 2019, 18:14

@Stephen2898 hopefully one of the ID Mobile staff will get in touch here about this they might be able to do something at the back end to get it moved along faster.... seeing as it was an internal glitch possibly !

Hopefully on Monday the team can shed some more light on this for you, in the meantime sorry I was unable to further assist you,
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Welcome to the ID Community

Security Checks are based around a lot of very different things, address layout probably doesn't even come into it, as long as all the relevant information is present. It does matter when you miss out anything! see the below link:
https://www.checkmyfile.com/articles/2520/credit-reports/how-my-address-can-influence-a-credit-check.htm

I am certain that if the street name is on a different line to the house number, this makes no difference to the check. What probably made a difference was anything else you may be unaware of that has happened in the last six months, credit refused, credit applied for somewhere else. Check out your credit score and see if anything has flagged up recently.
Userlevel 1
HI thanks for the reply

It's not my credit that is the issue here the credit check passed successfully it's the security check they do when they take your card details to check your address and name matches the account that failed
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
HI thanks for the reply

It's not my credit that is the issue here the credit check passed successfully it's the security check they do when they take your card details to check your address and name matches the account that failed

my confusion

If it failed the internal security check then yes the address could be possible the reason other than that it might be that you are only allowed to hold 2 accounts at the same address. Hence why it failed.

If however your were taking advantage of an upgrade package on one of the other accounts you hold it should have gone through, unless yes an address mismatch has taken place internally. Might be worth looking into the address miss match and edit your account details.
Userlevel 1
I have changed the address to match exactly what my bank address is but have been advised by ID that I can not apply again for another 30 days as it will just automatically decline so I'll not know for a while until I can try again
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
@Stephen2898 hopefully one of the ID Mobile staff will get in touch here about this they might be able to do something at the back end to get it moved along faster.... seeing as it was an internal glitch possibly !

Hopefully on Monday the team can shed some more light on this for you, in the meantime sorry I was unable to further assist you,
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello @Stephen2898,

Unfortunately, there isn't anything we can do about the failed internal security check to bypass this.

We'd recommend allowing up to 30-days before placing the order again.

Mohammed