Sticky Tutorial

How to upgrade using the app or My Account

• 16 March 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge
We’ve got a great range of the latest smartphones here at iD, even if we do say so ourselves.

That’s why we recommend that you regularly check if you’re eligible for an upgrade. If you are, you can get your hands on the latest all-singing-all-dancing flagship handset, and be the envy of your mates.

Here’s how to check if you can upgrade:

1. Log in to your app or My Account.
  2. Go to the 'My Account' page.
  3. If you're eligible you'll see a tile that says 'You can upgrade to a new handset!' You can then select 'Upgrade now' to proceed with your upgrade. If you can't see that tile, you still might be eligible to upgrade. To find out, scroll down to 'Manage my plan' and select 'Check if I can upgrade'.

The type of phone and plan you can upgrade to depends on your current plan, your credit rating, and also what we’ve got available.

Have you got a burning upgrade question? Then post it below.

2 replies

Ive just upgraded to a new phone but it is using a different number. Is there anyway I can transfer my old ID number to my new phone?

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Doddsey372,

If your order has been allocated with a new number, then it is likely that a new contract was bought rather than an upgrade and as such, there is no way of moving the number from one iD Mobile plan to another I’m afraid. You may be best returning the new order and then upgrading your existing contract.

You can view our returns policy here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/returns-cancellations

Ryan