Solved

moving number from ID sim only to ID pay monthly

• 27 June 2020
  • 6 replies

I have had an ID sim only contract for almost 12 months. I have just ordered a new monthly contract with ID mobile and a separate sim only deal for my son to use with my old handset. I ordered these separately from the ID app so they don’t show up on my app account. I put the new sim in the new phone but I want to cancel the old ID sim only deal and move the number from that onto the pay monthly sim. I requested a PAC code but I don’t think that was the right thing to do. Both SIM cards work currently but I don’t want to pay for the old sim only deal whilst I pay the two new sims I have purchased. What should I do?

icon

Best answer by Michelle 26 December 2020, 14:36

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello Jess,

It’s not possible to move the iD number from one contract to another.

You said you already had a SIM-only contract for 12-months and ordered 1 Handset contract (which should have come with it’s own SIM) and then 1 SIM-only plan separately (which will be a new contract altogether).

As I understand it, you now have 3 contracts?

1 x Previous SIM (12 months)

1 x Handset contract W/ a SIM included

1 x SIM-only plan

Are you wanting to move the number from the original contract over to the handset contract?

Mohammed

I have a similar problem to the above. Sim only contract and I've just taken a pay monthly with phone. I want to transfer my number from my sim only deal and cancel it, keeping my old number on my new contract. Is that possible?

Matt

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Matt_b74 

To keep your current mobile number, an upgrade needs to be done

We recommend returning your new contract and then upgrading your SIM only contract.

Michelle 

Surely you can just cancel the SIM only, get a PAK code and use that to switch your number to the new contract?

PAC, not PAK...

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @mikepember 

We are unable to transfer your number from one contract to another within the same network. You could do a triangle port.

A Triangle Port requires obtaining a pay as you go SIM card for a network other than iD and porting the desired number over onto the pay as you go SIM.

You would do this by requesting a PAC number for the old number from  iDand giving it to the pay as you go network. 

Once you have done this and the desired number is on the pay as you go SIM, you then need to contact that network and request another PAC code.

Once you have this, you can then contact iD and port the number of your new line. 

Hope this helps. 

Michelle 

Why iD Mobile?