Question

Network issue

• 13 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I have just upgraded to a Galaxy A71 and after registering my sim card and receiving a text saying its ready to use, the phone won't let me call, text or go on the Internet, regardless of signal or anything. I would like this matter resolved promptly as I need it for work and have given the network money to use my new phone, however the customer service clearly leaves a lot to be desired.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Sorry for the late reply here @AbrahamGladstone 

If you were already with iD Mobile and you’ve just recently placed an upgrade order on the account that came with a new phone, then generally speaking you should be able to continue using your existing SIM you already have right through (and beyond) receiving the actual phone itself.

The only exception should be when a new SIM comes with your phone.  Though things should never switch over to that new SIM unless you specifically request that through marking the new SIM as received and in use in your iD Mobile app.

If that’s what you had done here then unfortunately we wouldn’t be able to revive the old SIM that had been de-activated as part of that process though the new SIM that should in theory arrive with the new phone should be ready to use from the moment that comes through the door.

Did your order arrive today?  Has a SIM come with that which is working ok? 

Why iD Mobile?