Question

problems joining

• 20 July 2018
  • 3 replies

I'm trying to join iD by buying a sim-only contract. I get through the whole process, past the credit check and direct debit screens to the 1p payment - I've tried 5 times now, 2 different cards. It always says "error taking payment" and puts me back to the direct debit stage. When I check my banking app, there is now 4 attempts to take 1p in the "pending transactions" so the details are correct. No idea what to try next.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I'm trying to join iD by buying a sim-only contract. I get through the whole process, past the credit check and direct debit screens to the 1p payment - I've tried 5 times now, 2 different cards. It always says "error taking payment" and puts me back to the direct debit stage. When I check my banking app, there is now 4 attempts to take 1p in the "pending transactions" so the details are correct. No idea what to try next.

Hello @gringohero,

Sorry to hear you're having issues completing the checkout.

Which plan is it you're trying to purchase?

We'd advise against purchasing multiple times as this may flag up on an internal security check.

In regards to the issues with checking out, are you using a card that is registered to your name and matches the billing address/details on your Direct Debit?

Mohammed

I am also having this problem. Tried different machines and networks to get signed up. How is anyone joining as a new customer if you wont let them?

I am trying to purchase the 5GB sim only plan, and my card details are in order.

Any ideas?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Ianzy,

This is not a common issue at all, and we find that this happens more often than not when the card/address details mismatch. When you give us your address, does this exactly match the address that is registered for the payment card?

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?