Solved

Question about the timing of upgrading from a phone contract to a SIM-only contract.

• 2 October 2020
  • 1 reply

My 24 month phone contract is coming to an end and I am eligible to upgrade to a SIM-only contract. Because my current temporary address (due to work) is not my permanent/billing address, I changed my address on my account to my temporary address so that the SIM card can be delivered to where I am living currently. I tried twice to process the transaction to buy the SIM-only contract and both times it said that the card transaction has failed. Could this be due to the fact that my account address is different to my billing address?

If this is the base I will change my address back to my permeant/billing address but I won’t be back at my address for another 2 weeks. Until then, will I still be able to use my phone as normal on my existing contract with no problems or will it not work because the new SIM-only contract has been activated? Not sure what to do, would appreciate it if someone could help :)

icon

Best answer by Kevin 5 October 2020, 14:05

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Sorry for not catching this one sooner @xiaoxiao90 

It likely will have been due to the address on your iD Mobile account being different to the one you have listed with your bank.

If possible, could you update things both with the bank and then ourselves, and then maybe try again?

Please ensure too that you’re logged in to your existing iD Mobile account and that you are changing the plan to SIM-only on your existing number.  As opposed to simply buying a second (brand new) SIM, which would bring with it a brand new phone number and leave you with two active iD Mobile lines.

Why iD Mobile?