Solved

Upgrade to a SIM Only Plan

• 19 October 2020
  • 5 replies

My 2 year contract ends Nov 5.  I want to change to 30 day rolling sim only contract but I want to keep my existing sim.  Reading conversation with another customer who continued to be charged for his existing contract AND for the new sim only contract - nightmare!!  Please run me through how I change and when, without being charged twice.

icon

Best answer by Footy 20 October 2020, 10:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Sally,  I’ve just upgraded to a Sim only contract.  The key is to upgrade not just order a new deal.  If you view all your upgrade options you should see a Sim only one. Not sure you’ll keep your Sim but you will keep your number.  Hope that helps.  Cheers

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Sallycbc,

Did you manage to sort out your plan change following the advice from @Footy?

Ryan

Hi there, well I went for a sim only contract and sorted out my phone with it at the weekend.  However, frustratingly, it gave me a new mobile number which I didn’t want.  So clearly the website doesn’t make it clear enough as to how to go with a sim only contract AND keep existing mobile number.  I guess there is now no way I can keep my old number?

As I have had no response, I guess the answer is that I’m now Stuck with a new mobile number.  My next fear is that when my current Id contract expires on November 5, I will be paying for two contracts with id (the one just mentioned and my new, sim only, contract).  Can someone please assure me that this will not be the case?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Sallycbc,

When logged into your account, following the upgrade options is the best thing to do to change the plan whilst keeping your number. It sounds as though you have purchased a brand new contract instead resulting in a new number. There is no way for us to transfer your number over from the old account to the new account.

You can keep the plan on the new number and cancel your old plan and number or you can return the new plan and try to upgrade the old plan. 

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?